“New flavours” 4 of 5 stars

Good for: Families with children, Romance, Local cuisine
Calgary, Canada
“New flavours”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

We loved the Cazuela de Mariscos! The fish ceviche was good. Orange juice was fresh. Some beggers and sellers went into the restaurant. They aren't annoying but just FYI.

Visited March 2013

Demorestville, ON
“good food, drinks & service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

Have been going to Bucerias 4+ years and visit Mar y Sol at least once,sometimes more during our visit. We have always received good service, great food/drinks, reasonably priced. They have a great location, right on the beach, you have the option to sit on the beach or in the restaurant, the choice is yours. If you do not wish to be approached by beach vendors, then I recommend sitting inside. This year we stopped in after the "Blessing of the Fleet" enjoyed Happy Hour and lunch which was excellent. I would recommend this restaurant and will certainly be returning to the Mar y Sol next year when we return to Bucerias.

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Winnipeg, Canada
“great food great service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

just returned from Bucerias where 8 of us went for dinner at Mar Y Sol. Everyone of us really enjoyed our meals and great margaritas. Service was also top notch, plan on returning next year for sure. Would highly recommend

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Vancouver
“Mar y Sol, Bucerias”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

Stopped in for a drink with friends.
Friendly staff, good beachfront location, clean.
If you don't want to be approached by beach vendors, don't sit in the outdoor seating.
My friend who is an excellent cook recommended this restaurant I will go back for lunch or dinner.

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
“If you can stand the beach vendors”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

My husband and I had lunch at Mar y Sol a few weeks ago. The lunch was excellent. The service was spotty. However, it was non-stop vendors approaching the table. I don't think we had 60 seconds of peace and quiet during our entire lunch. It is really annoying and an invasion of your privacy, time and money. I understand that everybody needs to make a living but I would think twice about going back to the restaurant because of the vendors.

My shrimp quesadilla was excellent, my husband's beef burrito fabulous. The hot sauce is "hot" and you may regret it the next day. The service could definitely be improved upon. With so many restaurants in the area serving the exact same food, offering the same fabulous view, I would choose one that had a deck high up like El Brujo where you don't get hassled by the vendors.

• Visited January 2013