“Busy but good.” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 35 Restaurants in Masterton
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Coffee Shop
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Large, bustling and vibrant bakery and cafe serving breakfast, snacks and lunches. Excellent choice, quality and value.
Wellington, New Zealand
“Busy but good.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

I often have a coffee with staff at 10CC and occasionally buy lunch there. it's usually busy - staff are very good. Excellent food - priced accordingly. Their baking is mouthwatering and coffee consistently good. I've lost count of how many Chelsea buns I've eaten over the years and love their spicy Easter buns. Definitely worth a visit or two!!!

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Wellington NZ
“Tasty”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

We've been wanting to try this place for quite a while and finally had the chance recently. We find its usually closed on Saturdays by the time we are in Masterton - late afternoons every weekend. We were there for a very late lunch and purchased pies and cakes. The pies were very nice - not the usual 'gravy milkshakes' that are often around these days and had a good flavour. I had an afghan biscuit which I love if made properly and must say these were pretty darn good! My husband very much enjoyed the chocolate type slice he had. The cappuccinos we had were nice too tho the coffee was just a little stronger than I like it - but then thats just me!
We managed another visit the following Saturday.
My only tiny quibbles could be the serving staff seeming a little sullen perhaps, something we'd noticed on both visits - perhaps they are dying to get home after a long day! Also the food is very pricey so not somewhere we would go regularly because of the cost.
Overall though an excellent cafe and definitely one to go back to.

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Havelock North, New Zealand
“Best pies I've tested for a while”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013 via mobile

Food was glorious, if a little pricey, but given the New Zealand awards they have won, I guess the prices are to be expected.
Beautiful cakes as well
Worth the stop

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Masterton, New Zealand
“Good baking - lacks peace”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

This cafe has beautiful award winning baking and the resturant is nicely decorated, if a bit crowded with tables. I never go there though because it is too crowded and noisy, and there are no quiet nooks to sit in.

Visited October 2012
Wairarapa, New Zealand
“Good food in the middle of Masterton”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

Their food, especially their baking, has won numerous awards.
Unfortunately, I'm gluten-free which cuts a lot of it out - but they have salads and fries and great coffee to keep us happy. They have comfortable couches and an up-beat, happy-feeling setup. It's good to have this place in the centre of Masterton.

Visited November 2012