“Excellent food in superb setting.” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Pacific Rim
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Turangi
“Excellent food in superb setting.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014

This restaurant is a real gem and a must do if you're in the Turangi area. Great chef who prepares outstanding meals. Setting on lake front is unique and special.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

St Arnaud, Australia
“A MUST-DO DINING EXPERIENCE”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2014

I have already reviewed this restaurant which I visited in May 2013, and liked it so much I put it on my itinerary for May 2014, and I was not disappointed. I took a guest for dinner this time. The service was faultless and the meal came quickly. I had a small seafood chowder and my friend had the large dish, and I can honestly say it was the best I tried in New Zealand. My friend only had room for dessert, which was raspberry and pistachio cheesecake, which she pronounced delicious, while I had rack of lamb with tamarillo sauce - absolutely superb. I really love this place and would put it on my must-do list for any future trips to N.Z.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Auckland
“Nice food, but weak service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2014

We dined in two "top" restaurants in the Turangi area, this was one of them. Nice "open" seating, this restaurant is right on the shores of little Waihi and would be awesome on a summer's evening!
The meal we had was nice. My husband had the smoked salmon salad and I had the lamb rack which was cooked to absolute perfection!!
On the downside, the service was rather weak. Weak in that the waitstaff were quite soft in their approach, and spasmodic in attendance. On arrival, we were given a pitcher of water but this was not poured out for us!? (have never had this happen at a restaurant before...).
Would like to see a bit more "engagement" from the waitstaff, but maybe this will come with experience because they were all very young.
Would come again though...

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Perth, Australia
“Tasty food and peaceful setting”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2014

The food was lovely although we weren't able to enjoy the views given it was dark and raining.

The service however was extremely slow and we had to call wait staff over several times to clear plates, take dessert orders, drinks etc. This is despite there only being two other tables occupied in the restaurant. Improve the service and this restaurant would be a winner.

Visited April 2014
Wellington, New Zealand
“As good as the recommendation”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2014

We were looking for a place for lunch and as one friend previously recommended this place, we looked for it.It is in a beautiful idyllic setting by the lake.The food is great and generous portion.We loved the cherry crumble with ice cream for shared dessert.Service was fast and efficient.We are pleased to let others know of this place.

• Visited April 2014