“Excellent guide and experience” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 2 Attractions in Te Kuiti
Type: Tours, Adventure
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Excellent guide and experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2012

Paul is a great guide and leads individualized trips tailored to what you would like to do. He is over-the-top knowledgeable about the ecology and geology of the local area and is a true professional. We highly recommend Paul and Green Glow adventures.

Visited February 2012

Whangarei, New Zealand
4 attraction reviews
“Fantastic, fantastic, fantastic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2012

We spent an amazing Saturday recently, caving, abseiling, rock scrambling, bush crashing and taking photographs with Paul as our guide. This adventure had it all. The equipment (warm clothes, helmets with lights, and boots that grip wet rocks) was great, the skills Paul taught us to abseil multiple spots and circumstances made us feel safe, even those afraid of heights, the great photographs he showed us how to take with our camera helped us to capture great memories, and the full on adventure for several hours with just our group made this trip very memorable. The other thing that was above and beyond were the times that Paul talked a couple of us less confident to cross over areas of rocks and cliffsides that we didn't think possible. Anyone up for an adventure that is out of the ordinary, this is it.

Visited February 2012
Lubbock, Texas, United States
3 attraction reviews
“Amazing Personalized Tour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2012

Green Glow was one of our favorite things that my wife and I did while visiting the North Island in December. Paul is very knowledgable and it was a lot of fun. We brought our DSLR and Paul helped us capture some amazing shots. He was also helpful with working around our timing for the day.

Visited December 2011
Irvine, California
13 attraction reviews
“Wow... best activity of our trip to NZ!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2011

This was definitely my favorite of the activities my wife and I did over our entire 10 day trip to NZ. Paul is a very friendly, charismatic, and knowledgeable tour guide, and taught us a lot about the cave formation. Both my wife and I were a bit nervous about the abseiling, and Paul made us feel almost instantly comfortable with it, teaching us on a short slope before attempting the big ones. I was also a little nervous about going into the caves, since I can tend to get claustrophobic at times, but this didn't end up being a problem for me at all. Shutting off our lights and seeing all of the glow-worms all over the cave was an amazing and beautiful experience... probably one of the coolest things I've ever seen. And what is even better is that Paul is an incredible cave photographer... and was able to capture that... with us in the image! We got some irreplaceable photos to take home thanks to his skill. This is NOT just another commercial cave tour... Paul has exclusive use of this cave, and will personalize the tour around whatever you want to do. The value is incredible for what you get... I think we ended up staying 4.5-5 hours in the cave! Wish I could give this one higher that a 5 star rating. Highly recommended, don't miss it!

Visited June 2011
Kettering, United Kingdom
“OUTSTANDING”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2011

My 14 year old son and I (47 year old dad) agreed that this was the best day of our RTW trip by a country mile
enjoyed this more than the Lost World 4 hour epic tour we did the day before
What makes the day so special is Pauls ability to quickly find your level of skill/ability and then adapt the day to suit you
Our day out was at the end of August but we were so busy both pysicaly and mentaly i cant even remember what the weather was like
Pual is a smashing bloke and the day was worth every penny
if you only do one thing in New Zealand do this!

Visited August 2011