I'll start by saying that we were only at Puka Park for about 12 hours--we arrived late and left early, and I do wish that we had more time to explore the grounds. However, my impression that was for the price (relative to other places we stayed in NZ) Puka Park was not a great value. The layout in the bush is unique and interesting, but the overall quality/cleanliness was a few steps under what I expected for the price point.
Having arrived late, we did have a very enjoyable late dinner in the restaurant, where the staff was very accommodating, even staying so that we could have a drink after dinner and never making us feel rushed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Grand Mercure Puka Park Resort is at Pauanui Beach, 2 hours drive south east of Auckland. This luxurious, secluded hideaway features 48 chalets set in 10 hectares of native bushland, an award winning restaurant, guest lounge and sun decks with views over the harbour and Pacific Ocean. Facilities include tennis courts, a swimming pool and the nearby beach has 3km of golden sand and surf to explore. A ferry service operates to nearby Tairua, home to many cafes and art galleries. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, ACCOR, Expedia, Priceline, Tingo, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Grand Mercure Puka Park Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Mercure Puka Park Hotel Pauanui
- Grand Mercure Puka Park Resort Pauanui, New Zealand