This place is situated on the lap of a hill, blanketed with trees and bushes. If you are a forest lover and take joy in seclusion, this might be the place for you. Each apartment is a separate wooden chalet and the path leading to them is pretty steep. It rained hard when we were there and combined with the steep path, our movement was quite restricted. The staff is pleasant and helpful. The porter service comes handy on the steep pathway. The cups in the kitchen cabinet were very dirty. The rooms otherwise were clean. The beach is 5 minutes walk away and there is nothing else near the hotel except a few houses. Overall- Good place for a recluse who loves dim lights and the jungle.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Grand Mercure Puka Park Resort is at Pauanui Beach, 2 hours drive south east of Auckland. This luxurious, secluded hideaway features 48 chalets set in 10 hectares of native bushland, an award winning restaurant, guest lounge and sun decks with views over the harbour and Pacific Ocean. Facilities include tennis courts, a swimming pool and the nearby beach has 3km of golden sand and surf to explore. A ferry service operates to nearby Tairua, home to many cafes and art galleries. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, ACCOR, Agoda, Priceline, Orbitz, Despegar.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Grand Mercure Puka Park Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Mercure Puka Park Hotel Pauanui
- Grand Mercure Puka Park Resort Pauanui, New Zealand