“Loved Bob and his wonderful cabins.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of White Oaks Cabins

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Taswell
White Oaks Cabins
You added White Oaks Cabins to your Saves list
2140 North Morgan Road, Taswell, IN 47175   |
Offers & Announcements
7th NIGHT 1/2 PRICE
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Taswell
Indianapolis, Indiana, United States
“Loved Bob and his wonderful cabins.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

My 6 month old baby, husband and I had an incredible time at White Oaks Cabins. The location is perfect and Bob is such a gracious host. I highly recommend White Oaks cabins. There are so many wonderful attractions within the cabins and outside. If you are looking for a peaceful retreat, I definitely recommend White Oaks Cabins.

• Stayed May 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Evansville, Indiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2014

Loved the location. It was wonderful to get to watch the meteor showers without all the light pollution. It was a short driving distance from Patoka Lake, and was very quiet and private. Those were the best parts. When I called to make the reservation, I was initially given a different (more expensive) cabin than I'd asked for, but once I pointed it out, the reservation emailed me was correct. When my credit card was charged for the down payment, though, it was for the more expensive cabin. When we got there and I pointed this out to him, he said the larger amount was correct, and the website was wrong. I found that hard to believe at the time, and even now, 8 months later, the prices on the site are the same. That added up to quite a bit considering we were there 3 nights. We were in the Betws-y-Coed cabin. The bathroom door had huge cracks in it, which made it kind of uncomfortable sharing the cabin with other people. The bedding and kitchen appliances, etc. were clean, but everything else needed a good cleaning--and I'm far from a white-glove kind of person. I didn't even want to sit on the couch it was so stained. I had to clean the air conditioner filter, because it was so dirty it was barely blowing. The microwave would not reach the outlet from the shelf it was on, so we had to move it to the stove to plug it in. Luckily, we didn't need to use the stove. Maybe if we had paid half the price, it might have been worth it, but for about $150 a night, I don't think it was.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Elizabethtown, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2014

This was the second time that my wife and I visited here. Just like the first time, a great stay and an amazing break from "reality". First we were welcome by the resident greeter, tour guide and companion "Big Red" (the dog) and welcomed with open arms by Bob. He made us feel so welcome. Great paths to hike to enjoy the beauty of nature, and again, unwind. We will definitely be coming back again next year, and probably annually from here on out. Thanks Bob!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
t.c. USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2014

Valentines weekend 2014. It had been snowing all afternoon.When we got there everything was covered white & sparkeling. Bob had the lights on & the cabin warm & cozy for our arrival.Bob & Big Red his sweetheart of a dog are the best hosts ever! It's easy to see that Bob puts all his passion into what he loves doing,everything outdoors,nature,making people relaxed & happy! He is a wonderful soul :)
The views the next morning were breathtaking.Everything sparkeled & glittered off the snow.we went for a walk with Big Red as our guide& played around in the snow.I can't tell you how very relaxing the weekend was! We had a blast & a nice surprise watching the wildlife. It was exactly what we needed to recharge our batteries!!!
We will be going back for sure! I'm thinking the fall colors of the woods will be to spectacular to pass up!!
Very Happy Campers,
The Sharpes

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Providence, RI, US
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2013

For families, couples, friends and individuals looking for a place to be rejuvenated by nature, sung to by birds, caressed by quiet, and well taken care of by the innkeeper, Bob Cadwallader.
His dedication to making this a first class yet rustic and comfortable resort permeates each individual cabin's personality. He is well versed about all there is to do in the area for those who want to venture out. For those like me who need a quiet place to reflect, rest, and write..well come here...you will not be disapointed.

Ginette

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013 via mobile

This is our second visit to White Oaks. The first visit was for Thanksgiving with family about 9 years ago. Our return trip should have been much sooner. My wife and I celebrated our 28th anniversary in the Hanzel and Gretel cabin. What a relaxing trip. We hit a couple of wineries on the way and planned on spending time off the cabin area, but after we got there and got reacquainted with Bob and the grounds....well we only left for a hike suggested by Bob and to buy groceries. This place is quiet, clean, and well maintained. Bob is one of the most interesting people we've met and talking with him makes this special place all the more special.

• Stayed September 2013
TaswellWelshman, Owner at White Oaks Cabins, responded to this review, November 14, 2013
It was our pleasure to serve you.
Park Hills, Missouri, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

Cabins were very nice just rustic enough to feel comfortable. They were especially clean, according to my wife. Little too hot to hike when we were there but some interesting trails. The owner Bob was a hoot. It may be worth the visit just meet him.

Room Tip: Bob will recommend a great resturant.