“Parrot Cay: A Luxurious Vacation for your mind, body and soul” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Complimentary Nights
Ranked #1 of 1 hotels in Parrot Cay
Miami
“Parrot Cay: A Luxurious Vacation for your mind, body and soul”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

This place is just heaven!!! We stayed in a private villa with an ocean view. It had an amazing outdoor shower that I couldn’t stop using night and day. The bed was deliciously comfortable an,d every night we went to sleep with the sounds of the waves. I must say, this place absolutely awakens your senses. Forget about couple’s therapy - go to Parrot Cay for the most romantic place on earth!
The villa is fully equipped with a great iPod sound system, so if you want to hear some music while you are in your private outdoor Jacuzzi, you can play your favorite tunes. The mini bar is complete with everything you could ask for, even sun block and tampons! There are two beautiful restaurants that offer a Shambhala menu, the signature health-oriented cuisine, made up of locally grown produce and fresh ingredients (my favorite) with a choice of European and Asian restaurants - all very organic and delicious. The spa treatments are to die for and the surroundings are just gorgeous.
Yoga in the mornings by the beach was an indulgence for the soul, and I felt very energized after each class. They also have bicycles available for your own use. We took them and, really enjoyed a trail that led us to a tiki house where you sat to observe the nature at it’s best while feeling the breeze kiss your face.
They provide free equipment for paddle boarding, kayaking or windsurfing on the sea. We had a blast wrestling against the wind while paddle boarding.
We tried a consultation with the resident Ayurveda doctor for the first time, and it was great to learn about certain foods that make up your “constitution” and could cause an imbalance to your internal system.
I can’t say enough about this magical place, as there are no words to describe the beauty that lies within. A real treat for the mind, body and soul.
I can’t wait to go back to the best place I have ever experienced in my life! Pictures don’t do it justice.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Grantnoble, General Manager at Parrot Cay by COMO, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
Thank you so much for your very kind and thoughtful review, we are all so happy that you enjoyed your time with us, and we are all looking forward to welcoming you back for your next stay.

534 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (117)
Beverly Hills, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

I want to start out by saying that I generally dont like to write bad reviews. I do want to share my experience at this hotel. I planned an anniversary vacation for my wife and I. We usually stay in 5 star hotels all over the world and are very "picky" with our accommodations. After much research and speaking to many people, I settled on the Parrot cay hotel since we both wanted to go to Turks. I will start with the good. The grounds are impeccable and the staff is very friendly (when they are around...) The beach is probably the best in the world, and the food was good/mediocre.

When we got to the hotel, it was already very late after a long day of traveling. Once you land in Providencialis, you have to take a 30 min van ride to a dock, and then a 35 min boat ride to the hotel. we were met and after taking care of the paperwork, taken to our superior room. Here is where the problems began. Their superior rooms is nothing special! They are small and the cheapest furniture in IKEA is better than what was in the room. There were bugs/cobwebs present. I instantly called the manager on duty (who was very nice) and he told me that we should get some rest and we can try something in the morning. He warned me not to open the windows at night as mosquitos will bite! (the beds have sheer covering around them to fight the little biters).

We slept and awoke the next day. I again called down and asked for a room change. I was willing to spend whatever necessary to change to one of their villas or something better. i was told that All of the main hotel rooms are furnished exactly the same. We would not find anything better. They could not move us to a villa. No other explanation was given. I did not want to be confrontational. i accepted this and decided to make the best of it. We ate at the (very overpriced) restaurants where a lunch hamburger is over $30... fish plate is close to $50... etc. I don't mind spending money on food. Surely for those of us who travel to europe, we are familiar with the cost of food. But this was way over the top for just OK food.

There are only two restaurants at the hotel. On my second night, I decided that maybe we should leave the island to go eat on the main one. I also wanted to visit the casinos. When i enquired about this, the concierge asked me why I wanted to leave the island? She told me that the patrons never leave. When I told her that i wanted to look around, I was informed that the only way to leave is to charter one of their boats which costs between $600-1000 each way! So in essence, if you go here, you are stuck on the island.

I went to my room and changed all of my plans. We left the next day and went to Miami. This was one of the best decisions.

I'm sure that there are some people who might enjoy this type of escape but if you are looking for beautiful rooms no matter the cost, staff that is around (both at pool and in restaurants), easy access to move around, an easy place to get to, etc.. then this is not the place for you.

Lastly, the hotel would not refund the difference for the nights that i didnt stay. I will let my CC company take care of that part.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Grantnoble, General Manager at Parrot Cay by COMO, responded to this review, June 29, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at Parrot Cay.

Obviously we are all very dissapointed that you did not enjoy your time with us, and that the decor of our rooms was not too your taste. Unfortunately we were fully booked and had no upgrades available.

We do market ourselves as a private island retreat, and perhaps you were not aware of this when you booked, all guests are able to use our scheduled boats to and from the main island free of charge, however if a request is made outside of these times a charge will be made.

I am dissapointed that you were not happy about the quality of our food, which we always get rave reviews about, the food is generaly more expensive in the Turks and Caicos than in the US, as we have to import all our produce from the US and pay shipping and import duties.

Finaly, I have checked our records and we did not infact charge you for the nights you did not spend at the resort.

Once again I am sorry that you did not enjoy your time with us.

woodland park new jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

back to parrot cay for a second visit 2 years later. still the most enjoyable vacation of doing nothing but relaxing. food was even better than last time-new chef. service and attitude of staff so great especially putra dhanan.expect some showers throughout the week.this is a low key type of place for people who enjoy that type of vacation. watersports and a great spa are available.

Room Tip: 2 floor buildings throughout the resort
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Grantnoble, General Manager at Parrot Cay by COMO, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
Thank you for comming back, i am so pleased that you have noticed all the improvements and changes, and that we exceeded your expectations.

I look forward to seeing you on your third visit.

Rothesay, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

My husband and I travelled to Parrot Cay to enjoy some much needed couples time away from our kids. We can't speak highly enough about this lovely resort:
- the staff (some stand outs - Restu and Astari plus many others whose names I cannot recall-sorry!)
- the food (yes, pricey but we went in aware of this). Menu changes every few days, so lots of variety. Loved the spa menu - tons of healthy options!
- gym (fine for our needs) and Pilates, Yoga(Thanks Deb and Anabelle) - loved the beach yoga!
- Ocean view room with a beautiful view and tasteful, simplistic furnishings.
- Activities - we loved our time at the beautiful pool and beach and also enjoyed our bike excursion through the island, paddle boarding, kayaking, long beach walks, visit to the meditation hut, runs, walks on the plantation trail +++more
Spa - WOW! took advantage of free use of the jacuzzi, steam rooms; loved our couples massage. Our rental of the spa cottage for a couples body treatment and supper was unforgettable!

Loved the small size of this resort- not too busy.

Can't recommend this peaceful spot more highly - we will certainly be back - hopefully sooner rather than later!

Room Tip: Loved the ocean view room - #806 has a great view!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for your very kind review, I am so pleased that you enjoyed your time with us, and that you made full use of all of our wonderful facilities.

We hope to see you back very soon.

Park Ridge, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

My husband and I stayed there right after we got married for our honeymoon last July 2012. If you want a secluded, relaxing, beach vacation with not much noise except for the sound of the ocean and the warmth of the sun, go to Parrot Cay. It is very expensive, but it was well worth it. We really wanted to choose a resort that we could relax and not have to worry about noise from kids or rowdy college students like you may get at some of the other resorts on the main island of Provencials. We also were not planning on going site seeing or exploring off of the resort. If you do want to go to the main island the transportation is expensive, so be prepared to spend some mula.

One thing I did not like about our garden view room: the bathroom smelled like mold. I am assuming it is hard to conceal the smell or the mold since it is so close to the ocean, but for the price we paid for a garden view room, I expected not to have such a smelly bathroom.

We did have turn down service every night and our refrigerator was stocked with snacks and different beverages and alcohol if we felt so inclined.

Our schedule went as follows mostly everyday (we were there for 1 week):
Wake up
Get breakfast
Go back to the room
Change into swim suits and go to the beach
Go to the library for a snack (tea sandwiches, scones, tea, coffee)
Go back to the room
Take a nap
Go to dinner
Go to sleep

There was one day when we walked down to the spa and I had a message. It was very different from the spas I'm used to in the U.S. In my room one wall was a window that looked over the marshes of the island. There was nobody in site and it was bright in the room but it was also the best message I have ever had. You think you have a good massage in the States, well you have not tried this place. It is 100% better than any massage I thought was outstanding in the U.S. I also got a manicure, but there are definitly better places for that in the U.S. This resort is really a spa resort, they believe in natural, organic and healthy food along with massage therapy to strength your soul. They have made me an even stronger believer :)

Every morning at breakfast there would be an array of danishes and small puff pastries, different fresh fruits, granola and cereals, plus you can order off their menu items such as pancakes, eggs benedict (my husbands favorite), and scrambled eggs and sausage. Everything was so incredibly delicious.

We also looked forward to the dinner menu as well as dessert. Everytime we went to breakfast or dinner, we felt as if we were in a gourmet restaurant. Keep in mind that dinner is not included in the per night price. The servers tended to our every need and we didnt feel like we were spending alot and not receiving anything in return. One night in particular we went to the restaurant overlooking the infinity pool and there was a band playing slow Jamacian music. Pair that with some great food and great wine and a walk on the beach and you, my friend, will have yourself a very well-deserved vacation.

I think this resort is best for couples who just want to get away on an island, take it easy and just relax. I would not suggest bringing children even though they do have activities for them to do, we hardly saw any children while we were there so I assume they will most likely be bored. This was last July, but maybe if you do during the holidays there will be more families.

After you get home after 1 week of eating healthy, getting some excerise swimming in the ocean and getting some extra sleep, it really makes you want to change your whole lifestyle. It makes me want to get a less stressful job and eat mostly fruits and vegetables at my meal. It was just a great experience and we had a wonderful honeymoon!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for your very kind and detailed review, We are all so pleased that you enjoyed your special time with us.

Since your visit, we have managed to identify the reason for the musty smell in our hotel rooms, it was an air conditioning fault, and this has been rectified.

Best Wishes.

Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

My wife (15 months pregnant) and I stayed at the Parrot Cay from a Tues - Saturday in June. The weather was warm and humid but very pleasant.

Upon arrival in Turks Airport, expect a little wait to clear immigration and customs. Once you clear and get your luggage, you will walk out, turn to the left, and meet the Parrot Cay driver outside. The shuttle takes about 20 mins to the other end of the island where you end up at Parrot Cay's private marina. The marina house is very nice, and they offer you cold scented towels and a drink. Then, hop aboard the boat to Parrot Cay, which is another 30 minute but BEAUTIFUL boat ride. Upon arrival at the dock, you are pleasantly greated and golf carted up to the hotel. The staff is extremely friendly and offers you yet another drink of rum punch. The staff is very good about familiarizing you with the resort.

We stayed in room 804, which is an oceanview room at the end of the resort. To be honest, no rooms (except the villas) have very good oceanviews, so it's hard to justify. But, if you are going to Parrot Cay, who cares...what's a few extra bucks anyways. If you can, try to stay on a 2nd floor. The view is better and there's less noise from walking people.

The rooms are nice but a bit sparse. To me, not a big deal though. They were very nice. The bathroom is great. A bit small, but plenty fine. The shower....is interesting. It's small and there is no door. So, stuff gets a little wet, but it's ok. You live with it. The balcony is really nice and spend some time out there.

The resort is very very nice. I'd describe it as Mediterranean in the Caribbean. Reminds me of something on the Amalfi Coast.

The beach is absolutely the best I've ever seen....bar none. The water is a crazy greenish blue color that I've never seen....unbelieveable. There is also plenty of room to always get a good chair on the beach, so no rush to go down and save your seat early. Walk down at your leisure. I don't think we ever saw more than 15 people on the beach and there's about 2 miles of beach !!! The pool is the same way. Very relaxed and not overcrowded.

The only real issue with Parrot Cay, in my mind, is the food. On a scale of 1-10, the food is about a 6-7. Which I understand....they have to ship the food in, etc. But, the price.....ohhhhh....it's expensive. So, go into it expecting to spend for two people about $100-$150 on lunch and about $200-$250 on dinner every night. If you can get some sort of meal plan, I'd highly recommend it. The room service menu is by far the best food and the least expensive. The restaraunts tend to get a bit too cute with their food, and it just doesn't work perfectly. However, it's completely adequate. Breakfast is the best meal of the day and included in our room. Breakfast made it all worthwhile.

Go to the spa. It's really nice and the massage is fantastic. Not overly expensive either.

Otherwise, enjoy your activities. Snorkel. Paddleboard. Kayak. Rent a boat. I'd suggest 3-4 full days and no more. You start getting a little bored around day 4 because there is really nothing to do on the island than relax. If you stay longer, plan an excursion. The concierge is very helpful in planning, so use them.

In summary, I'd highly recommend going to Parrot Cay. Get a meal plan. Stay in a 2nd floor room. Relax and enjoy the beautiful water.

Room Tip: The rooms are all situated in these kind of building setups with about 6 rooms per building. 3 room...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Grantnoble, General Manager at Parrot Cay by COMO, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
Than you for your very detailed review, the team and I are very pleased that you enjoyed your break with us, and we hope to see you back at Parrot Cay very soon.

New Windsor, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

Have been here quite a few times in the past 15 yrs. & have seen this go thru it's growing pains from early development to now where it has expanded it's beach front bungalows & lush greenery! Looking to go again!! The excellence that this property offers is definitely it's 5***** service (with 1/2 local well trained staff & the rest from Asian influences). I love their cuisinal selections for their formal casual dining room (though if you do stay a week or longer you will see repeats but you get to try other selections then!) & their Lotus restaurant with theme nites & lunch are also excellent (try the fresh beer batter grouper sandwich! makes my mouth water even now! my kids loved the strawberry banana with honey smoothies!). The included breakfast was a plus (fresh baked pan au chocolat but get there early!) & if you get your fill & grab some fruits you may be able to skip lunch & save some $.

Have stayed in their garden view, ocean view & bungalow villas & all have been very good - tho the bungalows are the way to go (share with another family) with it's own infinity pools & full house accommodations & butler service option! The beach is white & pristine. The waters so serene - literally you can walk out 1/2 mile in knee/waist high water (when there is no storm near by!). Hobi/sunfish, snorkeling off the beach are free options. The main infinity pool (maximum depth I think was 5') can be very serene if not populated by kids. It is an exclusive resort but many bring their families so you may not get peace & tranquility depending on when you visit. Many Europeans visit during the summer so you can hear 3-4 languages (one French group had 3 families with kids with one single monsieur paying for their whole stay for 2 months!!). Don't be surprised if they do what Europeans do when sunbathing!

I've met a few celebrities - most are very approachable & down to earth but some you have to respect they just don't want to be bothered. My fav was Judge R. (48 hrs.) & his newlywed wife many years ago.

Crawford is an excellent host. For sure he made our stay that much more enjoyable along with long time friends Nolie & Sheila (alas no longer there).

Warning: this is not an all inclusive & is not jammed packed with activities for your kids. This is a nice secluded get away to relax & enjoy serenity - otherwise, you may want to consider staying on the main island. But it is a destination spot! Also, like many tropical isles - expect mosquito and/or sand flea bites - they have repellents in each room & citronella candles.

Room Tip: The beach front bungalow villas are the way to go with private pool, open air showers & steps fr...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Thank you so much for your very kind words and detailed review, we are all so that you enjoted your stay with us, I will pass on your thanks to Crawford.

Grant

Been to Parrot Cay by COMO? Share your experiences!