“Silence is luxury....” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
west sussex
“Silence is luxury....”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

We have just returned from five nights at this blissful private island resort in The Turks and Caicos. Their theme is as stated in my review title , we personally would prefer a gentle music at dinner or in the bar, however we do n ow understand their concept of "Silence is Luxury" We stayed in a beautiful and very spacious one bedroom beach villa with 2 bath/shower rooms plus outdoor shower and private plunge pool and direct private access to the most perfect beach and clear water we have ever had the privilege to see . We were met from our BA flight at Providenciale airport for our swift transfer with helpful and friendly driver, taken to the resorts own private quayside reception where we were welcomed with five star Caribbean refreshments of a few bottles of beer and snacks which set us off in a relaxed holiday mode. Swiftly followed by a 30 minute speed boat transfer to the private island where we were met and transported by buggy the 5 minute journey to our beach house. From then on our expectations were met and exceeded . Location is key and this is paradise, service is excellent, food quality and choice was sublime - we dined in the poolside restaurant first night and a lunch, and other evenings in the terrace. . We stayed 1 night in a Garden view room - these are more affordable than the beach houses but very well appointed , but best to go for an ocean view where you have an amazing view of both the gardens and the sea that give you the affordable luxury of living the Caribbean lifestyle. This is the most perfect unspoiled paradise location and the destination definitely appears on the up . We hope that it stays this way!!

Room Tip: If choosing a room in the hotel which go for an Ocean view rather than the terrace or garden view !
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Grantnoble, General Manager at Parrot Cay by COMO, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
Thank you very much for your kind words, we are all so happy that you enjoyed your time with us, especially after having traveled such a long way, I look forward to seeing you on your next visit.

Grant

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (153)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

Stayed at parrot cay for 7 nights. This is truly one if the finest hotels in the world. Food is too good to describe. Beach and hotel are amazing and stunningly beautiful. The only 2 issues I had was our air conditioner went out for 2 days and we had to sleep in another room one night. They kept saying they would fix it but it too awhile. I was hoping they would give us a credit at check out for this inconvience but they never did. For a room that was 700.00 night you would expect some type of refund.

The only other issue would be they charged a 100.00 fuel fee for the boat ride which we were never told about. Kind of disappointing.

• Stayed May 2013
Grantnoble, General Manager at Parrot Cay by COMO, responded to this review, May 31, 2013
Thank you very much for your review, I am very pleased that by and large you enjoyed your time with us, but very dissapointed that we did not follow through on the issues with your air conditioning, I will look into this and get back to you by email.

Raleigh, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

My wife and I absolutely loved our stay at Parrot Cay and plan on returning. I will say it may not be everyone's cup of tea due to the slow pace on the island, but I loved it. My wife and I are the adventurous fun couple, but did enjoy detoxing on this quiet retreat.
Atmosphere: Relaxing, quiet, secluded...If a "must have" for you is 17 bars open until 2am then don't bother. If you would like to enjoy one on one time with your significant other or family this is the perfect spot. We felt like we were the only one's at dinner, at the beach, and shooting pool.
What I Liked: The service cannot be beat, plenty of water sport activities, great food, very nice room. We had one of the "lower end" rooms and it was still amazing. The meus were somewhat intimidating to me since I didn't recognize a lot of the plates, but I loved them all. Don't be afraid to add things to your dishes because the servers are very open to your needs.

If you have the money, this would be the perfect spot for a family retreat or Honeymoon.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you very much for your very kind review, the team and I are so happy that you enjoyed your very special occasion, and that we exceeded your expectations.

I look forward seeing you back on the Cay in the not to distant future.

Los Angeles, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

Look no further! If you want a 5 star experience in Turks & Caicos, Parrot Cay is the place. The beautiful & tranquil beaches will blow you away. If you are looking for some peace and rejuvenation, this again is the place! We made our reservations online and had a few follow-up questions. Keyona, the reservations manager, patiently guided us through and made the process a breeze -she made sure all our questions about the room and resort were answered. We arrived in the afternoon and Ozzie picked us up at the dock. His warmth and humor really kicked off our vacation in a fun and upbeat way! I also noticed every time we passed someone, they would smile and wave--the entire trip! What a friendly place.

Rooms:
If you can swing it, the ocean view villa is the way to go. The room, the view, the amenities were so amazing including the spacious living area, dipping pool, fancy expresso machine (I had way too much espresso) and two outdoor showers, we never wanted to leave the room. Villa #1002 a 1 bedroom had the best in terms of privacy and convenience to the main beach, pool and Lotus restaurant. You feel like you can be a part of the resort and its guests without being too close.

Beaches:
White sand, crystal blue waters. A few sea critters which we loved. Great for shell and sand dollar collecting. I found a conch shell and was ecstatic! What a great souvenir. I took it to guest services to have it cleaned and Sherlene kindly told me that my conch shell had seen better days. We laughed about it and she said, she would try and locate me a better one. They really go above and beyond here.

Food:
Both restaurants are excellent. We loved the fact that they had a delicious regular menu and also a Shambhala spa menu. When you are on vacation, you definitely want to treat yourself and have a burger but it's so refreshing to be able to pair that with a spa menu item. We had atleast one thing from the spa menu every meal. The standouts for us were the parrot cay fresh juice, grilled swordfish, raw oysters, foie gras, spa menu cheesecake, spa menu hamachi salad, and chocolate cake at Terrace. We ate mostly at Lotus the casual restaurant overlooking the pool and beach. Gustu, our regular server always greeted us with a warm smile and happily suggested popular menu items. He also remembered each time I came that I was very prone to mosquito bites and quickly put out incense at my feet upon my arrival. It was so sweet and thoughtful.

Spa:
I live in the LA area and am pretty familiar with the best spas in Beverly Hills. The Como Shambhala spa is world class! From the front desk staff (Pam) to the massage therapist, I was really impressed. Everyone was very knowledgeable and experienced. I had a deep tissue (hard to find a good one) with Danti and she did not give on the pressure (75 mins) until the 75th minute. I loved every minute of it. She also said two very key things to me - 'this oil massage reduces cellulite' and 'do you want stomach massage-its good for digestion?' SOLD.

Yoga/Pilates Class daily & Activities:
We really took advantage of all the activities offered at Parrot Cay. There are daily yoga and/or pilates classes- one in the morning and one in the late afternoon. One day we were late for a 5pm pilates class and bumped into Tia, the estates manager who we had previously met. She was riding in a two seater golf cart and kindly offered us a ride. The three of us squeezed in and were off! Her enthusiasm and smile is really infectious. The spa also offer private classes which we did one day with Anabel for pilates. Extremely experience, Anabel made our duet session really fun and a good workout! For other forms of activities, we kayaked on the mangrove side and saw some sea creatures, wildlife and birds; we paddle boarded (unsuccessfully); and we played a couple rounds of tennis.

If you are looking for a peaceful vacation in the most gorgeous setting-where you can do as much or as little as you want, this is the place. You may also run into a few high profile/celeb types, as we did. I really cannot say enough about the staff and their genuine passion for hospitality. They made us feel like family.

Room Tip: 1 bedroom ocean villa #1002
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for your very kind and detailed feedback, and also for taking the time out to recognize members of the team for outstanding performance, that is very much appreciated.

I am so happy that you enjoyed your time with us, and we all look forward to welcoming you back.

London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

My wife and I have just had our wedding and honeymoon here... Amazing.

We had a beach villa which is set on it's own part of the beach and also includes a private swimming pool... The setting was absolutely perfect.

We had arranged the wedding from London and thanks to the professionalism and expertise of the staff in Parrot Cay, these arrangements were easy and everything was sorted out remarkably quickly.

Having already been there in December, we knew what to expect re the picture-postcard scenery but the occasion obviously made it extra-special this time around. Having been lucky enough to have travelled to some amazing places, I honestly cannot think of a nicer beach setting than this... It's everything a dream holiday is made of.

The staff were fantastic once again... You can have amazing settings but without the right people working there, it can all go wrong. They make you feel like royalty, without ever invading your privacy... and that includes the management.

The food in both restaurants is dangerously good and has caused me to hit the treadmill in order to shift the holiday excess... No regrets there though!

This place is amazing and I can only echo what may on this thread have already said... it is perfection itself.

Next year for the anniversary maybe...

Room Tip: Beach Villa was absolutely stunning
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for your kind words, we are all so happy that this very memorable occasion was so special, we look forward to seeing you for your first anniversary.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013 via mobile

Villa was beautiful. Private setting on the beach. Very comfortable and charming. Beach perfect. Fantastic service. Best sleep in years. Food the best we have ever had anywhere! We will surely be back!!!
Cannot think of any better Carribean experience.

• Stayed May 2013
Grantnoble, General Manager at Parrot Cay by COMO, responded to this review, May 28, 2013
Thank you very much for your kind review, We are all so pleased that we exceeded your expectations, and are looking forward to welcoming you back.

Colts Neck, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

weve been to parrot cay three times and cant wait for the fourth! we love that its a convenient flight from newark(3 hours) and the transportation couldnt be simpler. you are greeted at the airport in provo by a representative and driver that escorts you to the docks., where you are taken to parrot cay on one of their boats . its only a 15 min ride and you get there by early afternoon. the beach is like sugar, activities are present if you choose to move out of your lounge chairs. we did not! the rooms are lovely, comfortable and all have beautiful views. some of the buildings are in better locations than others. we did enjoy the walking trails in the morning, but if you choose, theres a great gym as well. we loved the couples massage and private dinner with our choices of food and wine. it was very romantic and beautiful, the spa does offer a variety of services and yoga classes for those who wish. i do not view this as a family resort and return partly because it is quiet and void of noise and kid activities.

Room Tip: dont know if one has a choice???
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Grantnoble, General Manager at Parrot Cay by COMO, responded to this review, May 22, 2013
Thank you so much for your loyalty and support. I am so pleased that we continue to exceed your expectations after three visits and we all look forward to welcoming you for your fourth stay.

Grant

Been to Parrot Cay by COMO? Share your experiences!