“The Ultimate Vacation” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Los Angeles, California, United States
“The Ultimate Vacation”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

Look no further! If you want a 5 star experience in Turks & Caicos, Parrot Cay is the place. The beautiful & tranquil beaches will blow you away. If you are looking for some peace and rejuvenation, this again is the place! We made our reservations online and had a few follow-up questions. Keyona, the reservations manager, patiently guided us through and made the process a breeze -she made sure all our questions about the room and resort were answered. We arrived in the afternoon and Ozzie picked us up at the dock. His warmth and humor really kicked off our vacation in a fun and upbeat way! I also noticed every time we passed someone, they would smile and wave--the entire trip! What a friendly place.

Rooms:
If you can swing it, the ocean view villa is the way to go. The room, the view, the amenities were so amazing including the spacious living area, dipping pool, fancy expresso machine (I had way too much espresso) and two outdoor showers, we never wanted to leave the room. Villa #1002 a 1 bedroom had the best in terms of privacy and convenience to the main beach, pool and Lotus restaurant. You feel like you can be a part of the resort and its guests without being too close.

Beaches:
White sand, crystal blue waters. A few sea critters which we loved. Great for shell and sand dollar collecting. I found a conch shell and was ecstatic! What a great souvenir. I took it to guest services to have it cleaned and Sherlene kindly told me that my conch shell had seen better days. We laughed about it and she said, she would try and locate me a better one. They really go above and beyond here.

Food:
Both restaurants are excellent. We loved the fact that they had a delicious regular menu and also a Shambhala spa menu. When you are on vacation, you definitely want to treat yourself and have a burger but it's so refreshing to be able to pair that with a spa menu item. We had atleast one thing from the spa menu every meal. The standouts for us were the parrot cay fresh juice, grilled swordfish, raw oysters, foie gras, spa menu cheesecake, spa menu hamachi salad, and chocolate cake at Terrace. We ate mostly at Lotus the casual restaurant overlooking the pool and beach. Gustu, our regular server always greeted us with a warm smile and happily suggested popular menu items. He also remembered each time I came that I was very prone to mosquito bites and quickly put out incense at my feet upon my arrival. It was so sweet and thoughtful.

Spa:
I live in the LA area and am pretty familiar with the best spas in Beverly Hills. The Como Shambhala spa is world class! From the front desk staff (Pam) to the massage therapist, I was really impressed. Everyone was very knowledgeable and experienced. I had a deep tissue (hard to find a good one) with Danti and she did not give on the pressure (75 mins) until the 75th minute. I loved every minute of it. She also said two very key things to me - 'this oil massage reduces cellulite' and 'do you want stomach massage-its good for digestion?' SOLD.

Yoga/Pilates Class daily & Activities:
We really took advantage of all the activities offered at Parrot Cay. There are daily yoga and/or pilates classes- one in the morning and one in the late afternoon. One day we were late for a 5pm pilates class and bumped into Tia, the estates manager who we had previously met. She was riding in a two seater golf cart and kindly offered us a ride. The three of us squeezed in and were off! Her enthusiasm and smile is really infectious. The spa also offer private classes which we did one day with Anabel for pilates. Extremely experience, Anabel made our duet session really fun and a good workout! For other forms of activities, we kayaked on the mangrove side and saw some sea creatures, wildlife and birds; we paddle boarded (unsuccessfully); and we played a couple rounds of tennis.

If you are looking for a peaceful vacation in the most gorgeous setting-where you can do as much or as little as you want, this is the place. You may also run into a few high profile/celeb types, as we did. I really cannot say enough about the staff and their genuine passion for hospitality. They made us feel like family.

Room Tip: 1 bedroom ocean villa #1002
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Grantnoble, General Manager at Parrot Cay by COMO, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
Thank you so much for your very kind and detailed feedback, and also for taking the time out to recognize members of the team for outstanding performance, that is very much appreciated.

I am so happy that you enjoyed your time with us, and we all look forward to welcoming you back.

Grant

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (153)
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

My wife and I have just had our wedding and honeymoon here... Amazing.

We had a beach villa which is set on it's own part of the beach and also includes a private swimming pool... The setting was absolutely perfect.

We had arranged the wedding from London and thanks to the professionalism and expertise of the staff in Parrot Cay, these arrangements were easy and everything was sorted out remarkably quickly.

Having already been there in December, we knew what to expect re the picture-postcard scenery but the occasion obviously made it extra-special this time around. Having been lucky enough to have travelled to some amazing places, I honestly cannot think of a nicer beach setting than this... It's everything a dream holiday is made of.

The staff were fantastic once again... You can have amazing settings but without the right people working there, it can all go wrong. They make you feel like royalty, without ever invading your privacy... and that includes the management.

The food in both restaurants is dangerously good and has caused me to hit the treadmill in order to shift the holiday excess... No regrets there though!

This place is amazing and I can only echo what may on this thread have already said... it is perfection itself.

Next year for the anniversary maybe...

Room Tip: Beach Villa was absolutely stunning
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Grantnoble, General Manager at Parrot Cay by COMO, responded to this review, May 31, 2013
Thank you so much for your kind words, we are all so happy that this very memorable occasion was so special, we look forward to seeing you for your first anniversary.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013 via mobile

Villa was beautiful. Private setting on the beach. Very comfortable and charming. Beach perfect. Fantastic service. Best sleep in years. Food the best we have ever had anywhere! We will surely be back!!!
Cannot think of any better Carribean experience.

• Stayed May 2013
Grantnoble, General Manager at Parrot Cay by COMO, responded to this review, May 28, 2013
Thank you very much for your kind review, We are all so pleased that we exceeded your expectations, and are looking forward to welcoming you back.

Colts Neck, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

weve been to parrot cay three times and cant wait for the fourth! we love that its a convenient flight from newark(3 hours) and the transportation couldnt be simpler. you are greeted at the airport in provo by a representative and driver that escorts you to the docks., where you are taken to parrot cay on one of their boats . its only a 15 min ride and you get there by early afternoon. the beach is like sugar, activities are present if you choose to move out of your lounge chairs. we did not! the rooms are lovely, comfortable and all have beautiful views. some of the buildings are in better locations than others. we did enjoy the walking trails in the morning, but if you choose, theres a great gym as well. we loved the couples massage and private dinner with our choices of food and wine. it was very romantic and beautiful, the spa does offer a variety of services and yoga classes for those who wish. i do not view this as a family resort and return partly because it is quiet and void of noise and kid activities.

Room Tip: dont know if one has a choice???
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Grantnoble, General Manager at Parrot Cay by COMO, responded to this review, May 22, 2013
Thank you so much for your loyalty and support. I am so pleased that we continue to exceed your expectations after three visits and we all look forward to welcoming you for your fourth stay.

London, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

Parrot Cay was without doubt one of the most wonderful resorts we have ever stayed at. We stayed in a Beach Villa which was peaceful and breathtakingly beautiful with fabulous views. The food was delicious and although expensive, it was worth every penny. I am dairy-intolerent and that was never a problem. We spent our days by the most stunning pool and we may have had one cloudy day in the whole time we were there (10 days) but didn't even notice it as we succumbed to the wonderful spa - the heart of the Como property.

Talking of the spa, it was an absolute privilege to be able to see, Dr Pradeep, the Auyervedic Doctor, who is incredibly experienced and intuitive. We learnt a lot from him.

My husband and I were so thrilled with the whole experience we are definitely going to go back there. I could write tomes about how wonderful it was. But I wont as I am sure it would bore you. So I will just say this. If you want to go somewhere special... you couldn't choose anywhere better.

Room Tip: Beach Villas are wonderful. But if you are going for a standard room make sure you get a sea view.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
I am so pleased that we exceeded your expectations on such a special occasion, your comments make all that we do worthwhile. Thank you.

It was a pleasure to meet you and I look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

London w4
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

Overall a very nice place with some wow factors but for us not in the same league of a Jumby Bay or Four Seasons Landaa Giravaru for example

This was a 2 week vacation for family of 4 ( kids 13 and 10)

The very good:

-Beach and sea is 10/10, the sea is Maldives quality

-Food at the Beach/Pool restaurant was consistently good mix of Asian/Caribbean

-Filipo the assistant front office manager was a star as was Yoga in the main restaurant and the asian staff at the pool restaurant

-my wife thought the spa was great... and raved about Pilates classes with Annabel

Good but not great:

-the suite was very functional but pretty basic, grows on you after a few days

Average:

-Senior management are pretty invisible compared to other locations in particular to the 2 i have compared it to

-The fine dining restaurant could have been a terrace in Provence which isn't what we really wanted and the food tended to be over complicated

-Staff engagement: earlier i gave a plus to a few of the staff but there is an ethos here where the staff are told to keep their distance which I understand with the brands " silence is the ultimate luxury" approach but sometimes on a beach vacation its nice to see the true spirit of the people. also at Easter there were apparently over 80 kids and i thought the resort could do more

-Entertainment is sporadic....one night a week a singer came but this also highlights that it doesn't feel like being in the Caribbean but a beautiful extension of the US

We really had a good time but not sure we would jump to go back. I like to understand a brands value and message and found this Asian/Caribbean style confused but im sure if you go away from school holidays as a couple then if you are looking for silence then you will be fine....oh and it was worth it to see a Rolling Stone !

Room Tip: if you are a family taking a suite take room 703
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Thank you very much for your very detailed review, I am very pleased that by and large you enjoyed your break with us.

We clearly have a few areas to work on, specifically the engagement from staff and management, we certainly do not have a policy of aloofness at Parrot Cay, in fact, quite the opposite, and I am sorry that this was your experience. I will definitely work on this with the team.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013 via mobile

For our tenth wedding anniversary we decided to try somewhere special and Parrot Cay ticked all of the boxes. Beautiful blue sea, stunning white beaches and the hotel/staff were something else. Everyone is incredibly friendly and always have a smile on their face. They could not do enough to make our stay as enjoyable as possible. Stop in at the spa and you're transported to a pampering heaven with out a doubt one of the best in the world.

The only real downside is cost, as this is an island there is no where else to try out in terms of bars and restaurants so the prices reflect that you have nowhere else to go! Ouch!

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for your very kind review, I am so pleased that we ticked all the boxes, and that you enjoyed the very special milestone in your life.

We all look forward to welcoming you back to Parrot Cay very soon.

Grant

Been to Parrot Cay by COMO? Share your experiences!