We spent five nights at the Meridian Club in the first week of December and never stopped marvelling at how special this place is. The rooms are perfect - spacious and comfortable, with screened porches, patios with lounge chairs, and outdoor showers so that you can wash off the sand before going inside. The food is fabulous - lots of healthy options and just delicious (I could live on the chef's soups and kale salad for a month!). Everyone we met - managers, all staff, other guests, and island homeowners - were incredibly friendly and welcoming. But the star is the beach. Because of the way the club and palapas are situated in the dunes, if you're lounging in the shade under your room's own private palapa, you really don't see the other guests. And when you're on the beach, it feels completely private - it's like having two miles of white sand beach and turquoise water all to yourself. If you're looking at the Meridian Club's website and wondering, "can it really be as good as it looks?", the answer is YES! We are already planning a return trip.
- Also Known As:
- Meridian Club Hotel
- Meridian Club Hotel Pine Cay
- Meridian Hotel Pine Cay
- The Meridian Club Turks And Caicos/Pine Cay
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Meridian Club is a private island hideaway resort in the Caribbean with two miles of deserted, pristine white-sand beach, just 90 minutes by air from Miami. The property is environmentally sensitive and ideal for those seeking an unspoiled secluded retreat. Founded in 1973, the Meridian Club offers a Caribbean experience the way it was before the appearance of big hotels and condominiums, jet skis and beach umbrella communities. No crowds, no cars, no noise - a step back in time to a simpler, less hectic life.12 rooms and the Sand Dollar Cottage are set among sand dunes, sea oats and sea grapes, fronting on the beach. Some of the privately owned homes that share the island are also available for rent.Soothing trade winds ensure comfortable temperatures and low humidity year round while the surrounding waters (averaging a pleasant 75° - 80° Fahrenheit) teem with marine life. Underwater visibility often exceeds 100 feet and there are miles of coral gardens within a five minute boat ride. Ashore, Pine Cay remains a pristine natural haven, a private secluded island with vast open space and seven freshwater ponds, a perfect habitat for the abundant local fauna and flora.Andrew Harper's - Recipient of Reader’s Choice Special Award as one of the “Top 20 Beach Resorts” in the world - the only resort in the Turks and Caicos Islands to be so honored. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Tingo, TripOnline SA, EasyToBook, Expedia and Travelocity so you can book your The Meridian Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.