As Provo gets more developed and the density increases, The Meridian Club stands out as a lovely getaway that focuses on a quiet, beautiful beach and gracious service. Be prepared for no air conditioning, no TVs, limited wireless and a strong admonishment for using your cell phone. The island breezes flow through the rooms that are very nice but lack upscale amenities.....if you seek a posh environment, don't come here. We just wanted to spend time together, read and relax in a quiet, undeveloped resort and we found just what we wanted. One of our apprehensions when we booked the reservation was the 3 meal per day meal plan that is part of your room price. The Club is the only restaurant on this private island so you are totally dependent on the Club for your all your dining. The food was fabulous - some of the best dining I have experienced in the Turks. Very fresh ingredients, simply prepared in perfectly portioned sizes. The four course dinner each night was wonderful and something to look forward to. The staff are warm and welcoming in a very sincere and thoughtful way. Many of them have worked at the club for 20 to 30 years+. There is a social atmosphere at meal times, guests mingle and get to know one another. We met some lovely, interesting people, many of whom were repeat guests. I enjoyed the Meridian Club and would definitely go back. But...be prepared for a very kicked back, low key experience - that's why people come to this resort.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Meridian Club is a private island hideaway resort in the Turks & Caicos islands of the Caribbean, with two miles of deserted, pristine white-sand beach (just 90 minutes by air from Miami). The property is environmentally sensitive and ideal for those seeking an unspoiled secluded retreat. Founded in 1973, the Meridian Club offers a Caribbean experience the way it was before the appearance of big hotels and condominiums, jet skis and beach umbrella communities. No crowds, no cars, no noise - a step back in time to a simpler, less hectic life. 12 beachfront/premium rooms and the Sand Dollar Cottage are set among sand dunes, sea oats and sea grapes, fronting on the beach. Some of the privately owned homes that share the island are also available for rent. Soothing trade winds ensure comfortable temperatures and low humidity year round while the surrounding waters (averaging a pleasant 75° - 80° Fahrenheit) teem with marine life. Underwater visibility often exceeds 100 feet and there are miles of coral gardens within a five minute boat ride. Ashore, Pine Cay remains a pristine natural haven, a private secluded island with vast open space and seven freshwater ponds, a perfect habitat for the abundant local fauna and flora. Winner of several awards from TripAdvisor, Andrew Harper, Caribbean Journal and Fodors honored. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity so you can book your The Meridian Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Meridian Club Hotel Pine Cay
- Meridian Hotel Pine Cay
- The Meridian Club Turks And Caicos/Pine Cay