We stayed at Blue Horizon a few years ago because we wanted an adventure outside of Provo and we loved it so much we went back AND it was even better the second time!
It was definitely quieter than Provo but that was perfect because some days it felt like we had the beach to ourselves. We did a few hikes that weren't flip flop friendly so bring some shoes!
This was my third time to Turks and each time I was eaten alive by mosquitos. This trip was no different. No matter where I go, those little buggers love me. So either be prepared to be bitten or go with someone like me (apparently they're all attracted to me and left others alone). There are also sand flies but they didn't bother me at all. We went at the end of November so the nights were a little more chilly than you would expect but coming from Canada it wasn't anything that wasn't welcomed. Just wore jeans and a light sweater and I could sit out all night.
The restaurant on the resort is new from the last time we stayed there and it's a welcome change! The place is gorgeous and the servers were so great! The view was amazing!!! The food was spectacular!!! We ate there on a few occasions and everything that I had was great. I would recommend the lobster bites, conch fritters, fish and chips, and lobster tail. Lunch was open daily to the public so you could just drop in but for dinner you have to make reservations.
The accommodations were perfect for me and my husband. I'm a city girl and I like nice things so "roughing it" isn't my thing. These accommodations had everything I needed. First off, they were super clean. The sheets, towels, all the kitchen stuff we had, even down to the locally made soap, was perfect. The managers, Matt and Lindsay, just amazing people that were so friendly and helpful, made our trip that much more better!
I would definitely return and recommended Blue Horizon Resort.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Blue Horizon Resort - Natural Beauty, Adventure and Tranquility. Located on Middle Caicos, Blue Horizon Resort's newly reinvented boutique eco-resort and wedding destination is unrivaled in the Caribbean. Set amidst stunning Mudjin Harbor and Dragon Cay, the scenery and tranquil turquoise waters are dramatic and unparalleled. Five fully equipped Caribbean style cottages and two larger villas are set perfectly into the landscape each with spectacular views. You will find your own private beach paradise at Blue Horizon Resort and all of our activities and excursions have been designed to compliment the natural settings without disturbing our fragile ecosystem. Concierge services are available and include tour arrangements, groceries and any special requests. Enjoy fishing, kayaking, caving and snorkeling. Or, simply relax and take pleasure in the serene beauty of your surroundings. Whether its adventure, romance or tranquility you seek this small intimate resort and friendly personal service will ensure a truly memorable escape. Our restaurant, Mudjin Bar & Grill, offers the best view in all of Turks and Caicos - Patio and indoor dining available - Serving Lunch Daily and Dinner by reservation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity and Despegar.com so you can book your Blue Horizon Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Blue Horizon Hotel Middle Caicos
- Blue Horizon Resort Middle Caicos, Turks And Caicos