“Private” 5 of 5 stars

Attraction Details
Seattle, WA
“Private”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

Nobody around for miles. I think I noticed an old volley ball nicknamed Wilson. Pack a light lunch, some snorkel gear, a beach towel, your favorite book, and chill the day away

Visited January 2013

Littleton, Colorado
6 attraction reviews
“Perfect for solitude”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

While staying on the scenic out island of North Caicos, I walked 7 miles from our condo the this gorgeous spot to snokel, and it was well worth it!!!! Water so clear, soft white sand, gentle surf.......and not another soul was there so it's very much like having an island to yourself. Not to be missed-

Visited February 2013
Belmont, Michigan
12 attraction reviews
“We couldn't find Three Marys Cay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

We rented a car on North Caicos and made our way to Lorimar's Landing in Middle Caicos and back. I saw the turn to Three Marys Cay just as we were leaving the Ferry. When we got back toward the Ferry we could not find the turn. This was one beach I really wanted to see, and try to snorkel! The trick we learned for our next visit.... LEAVE THE PAVEMENT. When in TCI, always leave the pavement. If you're not suppose to be there, a fence or gate or something will typically stop you.

Visited January 2013
Mullica Hill, NJ
4 attraction reviews
“A beautiful beautiful site”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

Tricky to get to but beautiful when you get there. 3 Small off shore cays that can be snorkeled in calm waters.

Visited February 2012
braddotcom
3 attraction reviews
“So not worth it”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

I am an adventurous type hence the reason I put this on my list for my day at North Caicos. The road you drive on to get to this place is heart-pounding. The road is extremely narrow with heavy brush swiping both sides of your vehicle.

The road itself is crowned from the ruts of vehicle traffic and a high center. You are definitely risking getting stuck without a high clearance vehicle. Even with that, you have to contend with some major craters, soft sand and mud/large puddles (if recent rain). The stench by the ponds is an added bonus to your experience. We did make it in a sedan but not without holding my breath a few times.

After the 20 minute drive completely off the map, you get there and it is way too dangerous to snorkel.

If you still want to give it a go, I can at least help you find the unmarked dirt road to get there:

From the ferry parking lot, go straight. You will pass the abandoned Sandy Point resort. (lovely what they did isn't it?)

This will road will hit Sandy Point Road. Make a left.
The first dirt road about 2 km on your left is your turn.
Good luck and don't say I didn't warn you.

Anyone who has a great snorkel experience here message me some pics. I am really curious to see if anyone actually ever snorkels here from shore.

Visited July 2012