“Going skiing” 5 of 5 stars

3.0 of 5 Small Hotel   |   Tyndrum Road, Glencoe Village PH49 4HP, Scotland   |
Carmen de Viboral, Colombia
“Going skiing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2012

My girlfriend and I went skiing to Glencoe Mountain Resort and we stayed in The Glencoe Hotel. The staff is friendly and really understand what hospitality means. Not only the prices were very affordable, but also the hotel gave us a lift every day to the resort for no extra cost.
The scenery around the hotel is amazing. It's definitely a good value for money.
Eady and Jose

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
NigelBirdManager, General Manager at The Glencoe Inn, responded to this review, February 16, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post your review on trip advisor,I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and enjoyed the great skiing that is available in glencoe.I have passed your comments on to the team at the hotel.Kind regards Nigel

355 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2012 via mobile

Myself and my boyfriend booked up for 1 night to get away from the monotony of city life, the location was fantastic, the room was clean and cosy and the manager was excellent! We slept past the check out time and the manager told us not to worry and waved it off with a bacon sandwich and a pot of tea, when we said we were going up to the ski centre he disappeared for a minute and gave me a fleece to wear because we were so unprepared! This personal touch made us tell everyone about the place and we will definitely be back soon!

• Stayed January 2012
NigelBirdManager, General Manager at The Glencoe Inn, responded to this review, February 9, 2012
Thank you for such a fabulous review.My team work very much on the principle that all of our guests needs should be met wherever possible and to treat guests the way they would like to be treared if staying away on holiday and I believe this fact alone ensures that our guests always receive first class service and hospitality.Hope to see you soon.Kind regards Nigel
Bathgate, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2012

My partner and I stayed for 4 nights bed and breakfast. Excellent value for money by all standards. Rooms were lovely and warm, clean and had housekeeping daily with fresh towels each time. Free wifi was also included free of charge. Stafff were all extremely friendly and went out of their way to meet the needs of guests. The hotel is in a great location- just 15 minutes drive to Fort William and 20 minutes to the ski centres. Overall had a fantastic stay at ths hotel and will definately be back!

Wem, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2012

Me and my boyfriend stayed for 4 days at The Glencoe Hotel, our first holiday together. After a very long journey we finally arrived in Glencoe and I was impressed from the moment we entered the hotel. We booked the Ski package, dinner bed and breakfast this was fantastic value and would very much reccomend booking this. On our first day we met the hotel manager Nigel. Noithing was too much trouble for him and went out of his way to make sure we had everything we needeed for our stay. His excellent personal touch customer care was second to none, it was so nice to be treated as a valued customer instead of just another paying guest as so many hotel often do.
The shuttle bus to and from the slopes is a fantastic idea, even though there was set times for drop off and pick up Nigel where possible accomodated most times saying if we wanted to come back early he would come and get us.
The food at the hotel was amazing, so much of it too!! I tried lots of dishes and each time had no complaints. The speed of service was brilliant starters arrived and no wait for the mains to follow, excellent. Very tasty food and a good choice too and what makes it nice is the hotel uses local produce where possible. Breakfast time had ample choices and was very tasty too, I even tried haggis.
Our room was warm and cosy and had a stunning view of Loch Leven (a beatuiful sight to wake up too every morning) cant fault the room it was clean tidy and had everything we needed. Nigel even let us use another room so I could have a bath to relax after a long day up the mountain.Our room was a perfect retreat after a long day on the slopes.
All the staff at the hotel are very friendly and approchable, the young waitress was very nice chatty and helpful she always greated us with a smile at breakfast and a smile at dinner time. Nigel's team are a credit to him many thanks to each and everyone of them.
I would highly recommend staying at this hotel its location is beautiful, the service is excellent and overall I would say a WONDERFULL holiday.Thank you Glencoe Hotel you have made my first holiday with my boyfriend so special a memory I shall never forget. We will most definatly return. I am missing it already.
Bev & Jack
Shropshire

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
NigelBirdManager, General Manager at The Glencoe Inn, responded to this review, February 10, 2012
Thank you for writing such a terrific review following your visit to the hotel,I have passed your kind comments on to my team and they too are thrilled with your comments.It is always extremely gratifying to hear first hand that you are getting it right.Once again many thanks.Kind regards Nigel
Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2012

We took advantage of the fantastic ski, dinner, bed and breakfast deal at The Glencoe Hotel, which greatly overachieved expectations. The food was good and the service could not have been better. Anything that had not already been thought of was quickly provided - even a giant TV was sourced to show the 6 nations without direct request! From ferrying us to and from the slopes to catering for any meal requests, the staff were fantastic. Although the building itself is a little tired, the recent refurbishments have left the hotel feeling clean and modern. I will definately be back! :)

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for placing your comments on trip advisor,it was a pleasure to provide the TV for the rugby especially with such a good result and favourable score line.I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel.Kind regards Nigel
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2012 via mobile

We stayed for a three night ski break and it was ideal. So helpful, will take you to and from the slopes, help sort your lessons, dry all your gear and Nigel the manager will ensure you have everything you need at all times. Clean with nice decor. Perfect!

• Stayed February 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post your review on trip advisor,I was delighted to read that you had an enjoyable stay with us.My team pride themselves on offering first class hospitality and sevice.I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the not too distant future.Kind regards Nigel
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2012 via mobile

Very helpful staff. The manager even brought in a big TV so we could watch the rugby! Comfortable, clean rooms and good food. Definitely worth a visit.

• Stayed February 2012

Been to The Glencoe Inn? Share your experiences!