“What a celebration!!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Dudley, United Kingdom
“What a celebration!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

My wife, friends, family and myself visited Aphrodites on Saturday 23rd. February to celebrate my wife's 60th Birthday. It was amazing. We chose a reduced menu with Panos, as there were 17 of us, and it worked like clockwork. The service was brilliant, the food was exceptional, every one of our party said they hadn't had food as good for a long time. I would like to thank Panos, Val (who was excellent, very friendly), Alexa and all the other staff for a fantastic evening. Two of our party had visited the restaurant previously, albeit a lot of years ago, and they said they had forgotten how good the food was and would definitely return. So cheers for a brilliant time.

• Visited February 2013

• Greek first
“A traditional Cypriot restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013 via mobile

The first time I visited this restaurant was Christmas 1996, I don't live far from this establishment. My family, we are one of the many regulars to this restaurant which have built over the years. I visit this restaurant on a regular basis and every time there is a special occasion we always choose Aphrodite, it is situated in a very nice part of Cramlington with lots of parking spaces right on the door step and also a pub across the road which is handy to finish our night off on many occasions. The restaurant, has a very relaxing atmosphere, even on the quiet nights. The staff are always very friendly and some have been there for many years. The owner is Cypriot called Panos who is always there to make us feel welcome and is not interested in how much we spend he just wants us to have a good night. Panos always welcomes us as his guests, typical Cypriot hospitality, the food is always made to an excellent standard and the place always looks clean. Well recommended by myself who has been using this place for the past 17years and by the way my favourite dish is the Beef Stifado.

Tyne and Wear, United Kingdom
“ok but wouldnt rush back”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

Very expensive , good choice of food but portions not generous. sadly i found a hair in my meal which is always a put off in my opinion.

Visited December 2012
Miss A, Manager at Aphrodite, responded to this review, March 1, 2013
I am pleased to be able to give my responce to reviews like this.Expensive ?? not many restaurants offer you a FREE starter when you chose a main course on Tues ,Wed &Thurs all night and Fri ,Sat early evening . Sorry you cannot get a main course in our restaurant for £ 2.99 they start from £5.50 and the most expesive is Lamb KLEFTIKO for £15.95 As for portion size here is some examples ,fillet of chicken is 230 grams, KLEFTIKO is half a kilo in weight, beef stifado is 14 ozs , moussaka 18 ozs ,and all main courses served with fresh vegetables and potatoes of the day included in the price. Not many people would call this an ungenerous size meal. As for finding a hair in your dinner ,nothing has been brought to our attention. Our restaurant has a 5 STAR hygiene stantard and we take every precaution to prevent this happening so i cannot comment on this any further as you did not show the hair to any member of the staff.
“Its just like being on your holidays”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013 via mobile

This is our favourite restaurant in Cramlington, we have been coming for years, sadly not as many times as we would like, in fact could eat there every week but would never lose weight. Val is fabulous, Always gives us a warm welcome and runs the show like clockwork. Panos is brilliant with the kids. If you like swing/crooners you can't miss Alex Lomax doing a rat pack night, great singer and wonderful atmosphere. My only gripe is that there are too many lovely things on the menu and that Pianos won't share his recipie for Stifado. Its a superb mix of Greek and Italian and there literally isn't anything that I wouldn't like......one of these days I will get round to trying every dish, but that will take some time. Well done on your 5* rating for food hygiene, keep up the good work. Lorraine Henderson

“never a bad meal.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013 via mobile

wonderful restaurant.
never had a bad meal. Sunday dinners are amazing.
panous and his staff the are very tentative and child friendly. My 8 year old loves going, even though he gets told he's doing the dishes, he gets to make his own ice cream!
never lose your friendly vibe. this is why you are so successful.