“Saturday lunch” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Maidstone, United Kingdom
“Saturday lunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

Called in here with family prior to attending a wedding down road. Had a sausage baguette which was very nice and quite filling. The place was reasonably busy. One member of our party was disappointed they were not able to get a burger and it seemed the only eggs available were duck eggs. Have been here before for Sunday lunch and was very disappointed the food was barley warm and not very tasty I think it depends on the amount of customers they are trying to feed.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Sawbridgeworth, United Kingdom
“Sunday lunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

My husband and myself have eaten here on many occasions,and its always a favourite place to take friends and family whenever they visit! Sunday lunch is always a winner! With such huge portions,theres no room for Sunday tea!! Its definately a winner! Lovely place with such friendly staff,and a wonderful atmosphere.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Harlow, United Kingdom
“Pub Evening Meal”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

I went with my wife and a married couple who we have known for over 30 years, because the pub was local to where they lived. The dining room was noisy, with recorded music. I asked for the volume to be turned down, and the waiter informed me that their system was set so that the more people that were in the place the louder the volume became. What rubbish! The pub was busy, so everyone had to raise their voices to drown out the music. I chose Steak & Ale Pie, with chips, the chips were hot but underdone, the steak was tender but there were two large pieces which were surrounded by fat/grisle. I asked for English Mustard, he brought up French Mustard and argued with me that it was English. The waiter who I am told had worked at the pub for some years had an attitude problem. I will never go back to that place again, I cannot understand how it stays in business.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Epping, United Kingdom
“Disappointing”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

Don't bother having a Sunday lunch here, meat taste like birds eye frozen meat!! Potatoes hard, gravy watery, veg over cooked.
Avoid!!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Bishops Stortford, United Kingdom
“As good as it gets”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013 via mobile

Just had a great meal here with my wife to celebrate our wedding anniversary the menu is very substantial and it is hard work deciding but when the food arrives it is not only perfect it is huge. I only just managed to finish it off and that is without starter or dessert. I cannot praise this establishment more, it one of the best restaurants for miles arround we cannot wait to return in the future.

Visited September 2013