“good for the price” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Astwick
Coleford, United Kingdom
“good for the price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

Stayed one night as at a wedding down in Letchworth. We didn't book in till evening and we were shown to our room by a lovely lady who explained that we could not have breakfast as the chef was not able to do that Sunday but she did apologise and told us where we could get breakfast instead. We went back to the hotel after the wedding to have a night cap and the staff were very friendly. The room was good for the price we paid £40 a real bargain We were worried that it was very cheap and we were not sure what we would get but we were pleasantly surprised the room was clean but a little dated that she did explain to us before we got there' All in all we would definitely go back again when visiting the area.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Nottingham, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

This hotel is very nice, the room was a budget room for £40, bed was clean and the bathroom was o.k. although it is due to be refurbished.
Host were very friendly and helpful. Hotel was very quiet to say how close it is to the A1. We did not eat there, but the restaurant was full, which is a good sign.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple

grimsby
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Booked a single room for a one night stop. On arrival at about 9pm entered a cosy bar and was quickly booked in by the friendly barman.He than showed me to my room telling me about Sunday breakfast arrangements 9am start plus how to return my key. I had eaten earlier but think food was available at the bar.
The single room booked at a very very reasonable price had TV shower room with plentiful tea and coffee .A bottle of mineral water was a nice touch. Instructions on how to use the TV would have been helpful. The bed was comfortable and the room had adequate heating. There was a good supply of toiletries available but the water supply was lukewarm and the shower cold. A glass or plastic cup would have been helpful.
I had to leave early so was unable to (a) mention the couple of problems or sample the food but noting the crowd in the bar the previous evening who seemed happy ,guess it would have been ok.
Would I stay again.Yes ,while there were a few little problems, a very decent value room for the price I paid.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled solo
Gainsborough, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Nice rooms for what you pay. Good shower and comfortable bed. Staff very helpful, welcoming and friendly. Perfect if you need a "stop off" and very little noise considering its proximity to the A1. Will rebook at every opportunity when I need accommodation in the area.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled on business

Brighton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Check in was quick and easy, staff lovely and friendly. Great food in the bar/restaurant and cracking breakfast in the morning. My room was a little on the chilly side (it was November,mind) but it was my own fault for not switching up the temperature on the air con, so my tip would be to make sure you do that. Bed was very comfortable - if Im being picky, the decor could do with a smidge of updating, but for the price I can't really complain. I had a problem getting hot water out of the shower the following morning, but I know that if I hadn't have been so hungover and lazy I'm sure the lovely staff would've been more than happy to put it right. Overall, great value and lovely people.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled solo

5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We stayed here in august in the luxury room. We arrived and were made to feel very welcome. We were shown to our room and it was beautiful. The bathroom with the whirlpool bath was just beautiful. We had a few drinks in the bar the owners even bought myself and my partner a drink because it was my birthday. Overall I was amazed by the room and service.

• Stayed August 2014
Wem, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

From the moment we arrived were were made to feel at home.
We stayed in a premium room with four poster bed and whirlpool bath plus shower.
The room was clean and warm but could do with some attention to detail.
We ate during the evening and I defy anyone to fault the fish and chips with minted peas and the most heavenly tartar sauce I have had in a long time.
Breakfast was full English, unfortunately it was fried rather than grilled and we were not offered any toast,
Overall good value for money and we have already booked to return.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Been to Tudor Oaks Lodge? Share your experiences!