We spent 1 week in February. The room was OK. The view was fantastic no matter what part of the hotel you stay. Both parts have mountain view, one side at Bucegi Mountains and the other at Baiului Mountains.
The food is not so varied but is good. The view from the restaurant is also fantastic; you can see the monument The Heroes' Cross, unique in Europe, by the location's altitude and by the monument's size. It’s a great act of culture that this hotel has its own art gallery, where famous contemporary Romanian artists exhibit their works bimonthly in personal exhibitions. Congratulations!
The cable to Bucegi Mountains is near. You can make a lot of trips: - with horse sleigh at touristic complex Gura Diham, where is a good restaurant with traditional Romanian dishes and hunting menus;
- with gondola lift at Kalinderu Ski slope;
- at Cantacuzino Palace and Caraiman Monastery on the mountain near hotel. Too bad it was plenty of snow and we couldn’t climb on a mountain path that we love, at Urlatoarea Falls. We usually go to the famous and beautiful Peles Castle and the Pelisor Castle located in Sinaia resort near Busteni, considered two of the most beautiful castles in all Europe. It was build by Romanian King Carol I de Hohenzollern, who died here in 1914.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Silva Busteni is located in Busteni, 54 Telecabinei str. at the base of the Caraiman mountain, at an altitude of 950 m, near the cable car station Busteni-Babele (Old ladies). The area is quiet, with a beautiful view to the mountains, being considered the gateway to the Bucegi peaks. The hotel was built in 1981, consisting of basement, ground floor and 6 floors. The hotel is built in an area of 9000 m.p. The building is constructed under a modern architecture, perfected integrated with the landscape of the mountains. The hotel can accommodate in 125 rooms, 98 rooms are classified under 3 star and 37 seats are under 2 stars. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Despegar.com, Priceline and Booking.com so you can book your Hotel Silva Busteni reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.