“Mixed feelings” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Costa Da Caparica Hotel

You added Costa Da Caparica Hotel to your Saves list
Costa Da Caparica Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Av General Humberto Delgado 47 | Costa Da Caparica, Costa da Caparica 2829-506, Portugal   |
Budapest, Hungary
“Mixed feelings”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for five nights and I have to say I have mixed feelings about it. Upon our arrival we've experienced language barriers since the people at the front desk didn't speak English. Our room was on the 4th floor, twin bedded with sea-side view. (we were originally going for the sea-side view and it was a great thing given by the fact that those people who chose the "hill-side view' had to stare the other hotel building next to us....) The corridor's lights were shut down when we got there, fortunately the emergency lights gave enough light to find and enter our room. The room was modest with a great view to the ocean. Take note that if you want to use the safe it is not included in the price of the room (!) The room service was good, some of the cleaning ladies spoke better English than the front desk... (though upon our arrival the room was not as clean as expected but later on we were content.) Breakfast was great, quite wide-range of food was offered. (more limited if you prefer breakfast in the bed) I haven't tried the resto on the 8th floor but I was told that their food is good and a bit expensive. Front desk is open 0-24 and they're happy to help if you have any problem. All in all, I enjoyed my stay in this hotel, they were having programs for every evening. First I thought these programs will be on till late at night but I was wrong. I'd snap down a star from the four for the beds (as they were uncomfortable and there was no double bed in their offer), the starting state of our room (cleanliness) and for the language barrier. Sorry Hotel Costa da Caparica but I think each of your staff should at least speak basic English/French...

Stayed June 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
  • Polish first
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2012

If you choosing this hotel because its a 4 Start hotel, then forget it.
It not a bad hotel, I would still stay there again but I would be going there thinking on a 4 Start Hotel
Its more likely a 3 Start

On a more positive, breakfast is great

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
A TripAdvisor Member
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2012

Poor interior from the rooms, no minibar, no normal extra's like bathrope and slippers.
Sevice was verry good. Breakfast was excelent.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Island of Malta, Malta
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2012

Recently I stayed in the Hotel Costa da Caparica, 30 minutes from Lisbon, Portugal.It's just across the road from the beach and there's a nice walkway which stretches out along the coast.The hotel is probably 4 star, the service was good and food was adequate, buffet style, so eat as much as you want.
It is right opposite a surf beach and usually there were around a 100 surfies out there every day waiting for a wave.There's a small town behind the hotel, it feels more like the summer is when it gets going, or people drive out from Lisbon for a nice walk along the walkway, on sunny days in winter. There was wi-fi in the room and throughout the hotel.This is facing the Atlantic Ocean where many an adventure began, to find the New World.

Room Tip: A room facing the sea is great, as there is a balcony you can sit on and watch the world go by.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Kent
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2011

Our Party of 4 stayed in this Hotel and had a great holiday, The only critisism I had the whole week we were there was the fact that the beds were very hard and uncomfortable. The hotel in general was great, 2 mins hop to the beautiful beach, A lovely rooftop resturant with a lovely menu, I so want to go back, we all had a fantastic week late October, the weather was excellent and we went swimming every day in the Atlantic. The staff were very helpful, both Pedro's (reception & Bar) were really helpful. A brilliant cheap holiday that I would recommend to others and would return if I get the chance.

Room Tip: My advice would be a sea view as these rooms are being done up
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
Bristol, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2011

We strongly recommend this hotel, after spending an amazing 7 days for sure we will be back, from food to accommodation and staff service I can only compare it with top rating hotels in the UK, the staff has an ability to make each one of the clients special and any requirements will be dealt immediately...Oh the Portuguese welcome...fantastic :)

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Gothenburg, Sweden
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2011

The first impression of this hotel was its location. Situated next to the beach, you have a lovely view to the Atlantic, provided you have a room with sea view. And if you are, let's say, on the first floor - i was on the fourth - you should not be annoyed by the ugly building built on the beach and serving as bars.
To the interior now... First, there was a problem with my reservation, as there seems to be an irregular communication between reception and reservation offices. I must admit that the staff was very keen on helping, but without sending them on site the e-mail showing the room and price agreed (it was a business trip), i wasn't given the right room.
There was wi-fi available, but only good signal in the lobby and the central hall of the floor.
I didn't check the adequacy of the air conditioning, cause the place was quite windy and the room was cool enough by itself.
Despite the age of the hotel, it was very clean and the cleaning service more than adequate. The bed matress seemed to be old and uncomfy.
As for the breakfast, I was a little disappointed. An adequate variety and quality, but I would expect fresh juice from a hotel of this status.
Nevertheless, I was satisfied by my stay and the value for money was quite high.

Room Tip: Carry the confirmation with you, ask for a room with sea view and high enough.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled on business

Been to Costa Da Caparica Hotel? Share your experiences!