For greater objectivity, we make two comments:
1. The hotel:
Pros:- SPOTLESSLY CLEAN;
- big room;
- minibar, safe box, a/c;
- free wi-fi;
- small balcony with partial sea view (but only a seat...);
- confy beds;
- good breakfast;
- private sector on the beach (with umbrella and two sunbeds- even we are three...).
Cons:- many problems in the bathroom (small shower- a nightmare!, extremely slow drain, hot water alternate with cold water, sometimes the stench came from plants);
- breakfast repetitive and boring (good and fresh, though);
- TV- only seven channels (considering the total evening boredom, it would have been the only fun...);
- poor soundproof of the room walls;
- a bit expensive for what the area it offered (7 days, a triple, 1540 euros, booked with 8 months earlier- in comparison, a week before, 7 days, triple, Pensione Svizzera in Taormina, absolutely fabulous, 830 euros...).
2. The staff.
One of the few hotels that we felt like home- all were great, with a special mention for Mr. Vito, the owner, and Ms. MARIANGELA, a wonderful person, always smiling, who speak english and who arranged for us a trip to Zingaro and the transfer to Palermo airport. Thank you!
Overall, a beautiful stay, but, for the very demanding tourists, do not believe that this will be the same rating!
San Vito was a big disappointment (boring, nothing to do, nothing to see and, our nightmare, the AWFUL smell of fish couscous, that kept us away from any restaurant.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Hotel Piccolo Mondo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Piccolo Mondo San Vito Lo Capo, Sicily