“Atmospheric seaside dining” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
New York City, New York
“Atmospheric seaside dining”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

I visited Sperlonga alone, and stumbled on Mudejar after an aperitivo in the main piazza of Sperlonga. The promise of carbonara with fresh swordfish drew me in but I ultimately opted for the catch of the day. Expertly prepared, the fish was flakey and tasty and served with a yummy lemmon/olive oil sauce. When they offered to de-bone it for me I accepted, but do it yourself! There were still numerous bones and I think I could have done just as well and perhaps kept more of the meat. The wait staff was friendly, if a bit perfunctory. But they had no problem seating me around 8:30--by 9 the restaurant was full. The view is of the centro storico's main street and the big, dark sky. I was very pleased with my accidental choice. Mangia!

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

80% Recommend
“Good restaurant great location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013 via mobile

This is a good, primarily fish restaurant in the old centre of Sperlonga with nearby a great view of the bay. Starters are very good, main courses are OK, the squid with oranges sounded better than it tasted but both desserts were excellent. Friendly service. All in all worth visiting.

Visited July 2013
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Fantastic food & an unfussy menu”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

Dont get me wrong, the menu was interesting and exciting, but it was sort of like large tapas, so we shared 2 dishes (I have a very small appetite, so 3 would probably be more suitable for 2 people). Neither of us are massive fans of the traditional carbohydrate course and separate meat course, so this worked out very well for us. I would highly recommend this place, beautiful location, romantic setting, friendly staff and very reasonably priced. And of course, wonderful food! Probably one of the best meals on my holiday!

• 5 of 5 stars Food
“Great View, Great Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

This restaurant was located in the hills with an absolute fantastic view of overlooking the beach. I rated this a 4 because the food was good but not the absolute best. I'm a hard critique so I'm guessing most people would rate a 5. I would go back if I ever visit again.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
“Fish only”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013 via mobile

Cute restaurant but the fish does not work for me. Atmosphere and staff is great. Both had a pasta with fish. Not the best of sperlonga according to me

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere