“Good enough to go twice” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: German
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Hurst Green, United Kingdom
“Good enough to go twice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

In a four night stay in St Peter we went to the restaurant at Burg(er)stuble twice, so that tells most of the story. This restaurant was busy midweek in February with deep snow lying - reinforcing my story. It delivers what you should expect: German food, welcoming environment, clean and tidy facilities, good attentive service, middle price-range.

On the first visit, after talking to the staff, I chose a local dish not a million miles away from a creamy pork strogonoffe. Delicious. On the next visit, full of confidence, I chose a local dish just by reading about it: bulky, heavy, dull, unimaginitive (to me). Clearly other people do want this, the fault was mine, I should have asked about it. Lesson: the staff are there to help, just ask.

Would I go a third time: Yes.

Burg(er)stuble is a guesthouse (it has rooms) not just a restuarant. I bracket the 'er' in its name to avoid any suggestion that it is about burgers (as in McDonalds)!

• Visited February 2013