“Excellent Airport hotel, superb” 5 of 5 stars

Save 33% on Weekend Stays
Ranked #5 of 22 Hotels in Fiumicino
GreenLeadersGold level
Connecticut
“Excellent Airport hotel, superb”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2009

This is THE airport hotel to stay in and you may have to go to all the search engines to find a room for your desired date. It was available for $133 coming and only at $178 departing, but we were happy to pay the price.

The staff was so efficient, warm and accommodating. We arrived early both coming and going and they found us a room at 10:00AM. The restaurant was up and running all hours and a huge breakfast buffet is free. It is such a comfortable place to stay--spacious room to accommodate several open suitcases, the only pillowtop mattress we encountered in Italian hotels, an elegant modern bathroom with plenty of countertop space. WiFi is not only free but available in your room or elsewhere; there is a free printer, gym, microwave room. Adjacent parking is plentiful but not free (20 euros in 2009).

The tricks that get you to the hotel: We arrived by car and plugged the address into the GPS, which worked perfectly, but there are also plenty of signs with the Hilton Garden Inn logo (also Cargo City) which theoretically will get you there, but there are about 15 signs at every juncture, so make sure you don't miss any turn. There are many, many turns to make.

We returned after our trip by the infamous free shuttle bus. Go to the lowest level (Arrivals). Departures also has a street in front of it and it appears to be ground level, but keep going down. Go outside through the doors close to the escaltors going out to a busy airport street. They only said Exit (uschita), not "Terminal B or C." That is on the outside of the building. Once outside, cross the street to the traffic island with the parked cars. We arrived there and could not see a green sign that said "B" --it was dark so maybe it still was there. However, there were lots of people waiting for buses and we asked them if this was right. Also a police woman with superb English was directing buses out of the roadway and into the pickup spot. We did not have to walk in to the street and flag down the bus, but lacking a traffic director and a large group of passengers waiting with you, I would flag down the bus. It is a large white bus with red and blue stripes. From the traffic island you can turn around and see the departures level above you and we saw the bus drop off people there and five minutes later, it arrived at our level. The last bus comes at 10:40 PM--two an hour on the :10 and :40, though that may change over time.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Philadelphia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2009

Clean, efficient, pleasant staff. 15 Euros taxi ride from airport, if you do not want to wait for shuttle. Crowded.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family
Minneapolis
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2009

My fiance and I just spent one night at the Hilton Garden Inn Airport after touring around Italy for 10 days and it was such a pleasant stay! We originally chose the hotel because of the free airport shuttle (which was incredibly convenient), but loved almost everything about it the stay. Although we had stayed in very nice hotels throughout Rome, Florence and Positano, my fiance and I both agreed that this Hilton offered many of the comforts we are accustomed to and hadn't found other places in Italy. The rooms were fresh, modern and clean. We greatly appreciated the free WiFi connection, as well as the free business center and breakfast (the great staff even boxed ours so we could have a bite to eat for our super-early flight!). I wouldn't recommend this hotel if you are in Rome to see the sites as it is too far away from the main attractions, but before or after a flight, this this is the place to stay... you won't be disappointed!

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2009

Not to be confused with the Hilton Airport Hotel, the Hilton Garden Inn is located just outside the airport and is easily served by the free hotel shuttle. The hotel is new and sparkling clean. There is a free "business center" that has two PCs and a printer, and there is also a full fitness center which we only used to weigh our luggage!

The room furnishings were very sleek and modern. The beds were dreamy - very comfortable mattresses, especially after sleeping on the typically hard Italian beds for the previous several nights. There is a mini-fridge in the room.

Breakfast was included and was very abundant - hot foods, fresh fruit, yogurt, pastries, cappucino/espresso, etc.

Front desk staff were very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with friends
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2009

I stayed one night at the Hilton Garden Inn while in transit on business.
I took the free airport bus to get there, but there is also a hotel shuttle.

This looks like a brand new Hotel and is located in a large open space with not much around it.

The hotel is very luxurious and spotless.
The check-in process was efficient and the staff are very friendly and helpful. (excellent knowledge of English)

On my way to the room, I used the shoe shine machine - I like those!

My room was ultra modern and well designed
- Comfortable chairs
- Fast internet
- Flat screen TV with (I think CNN)
- Kettle
- Heated towels
- Very clean
- Good ventilation
- Good water pressure and temperature
- Sound proof (except of one item ----see below)

I wanted go into Rome for the afternoon.
The hotel staff were very helpful to guide me on my journey
- I took the free hotel shuttle to the terminal, where I connected with the train into Rome.

What I liked:
- This hotel has a great ambience
- The staff are soooo friendly and helpful

What could improve?:
- I said earlier that my room was sound-proof......well it did happen to be located just adjacent to the band of elevators. Because a lot of airline staff use the hotel, every now and then, a gang of them would arrive and I could hear all of their rolling suitcases on the marble floor outside the elevator.....this did occur quite late in the evening.
**perhaps the hotel could install carpeting instead of marble flooring outside the elevator. Also, I'm pretty sure if my room was located further away from the elevators, I wouldn't of heard anything at all.

Finally, a nice surprise
- I had to check out super early at 5am before the restaurant was open. Imagine my surprise to be handed a free "box" breakfast in a bag....full of nutritious foods.....how thoughtful is that?

This is now my default Rome stop-over hotel

ps, I didn't have a chance to check out the fitness facilities, restaurants, etc.. because of my short stay

• Stayed March 2009, traveled on business
Orange, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2009

The Hilton Garden Inn is conveniently located to the Rome Fiumicino Airport ONLY. They are located in the middle of a cargo facility however, with that being said, you don't hear noise at night. The most frustrating part of this journey was trying to find out how to get to the hotel from the airport. You have to exit outside of terminal B-C (lower level). Look for the sign posted Terminal B-C above the entrance door. Cross over to the island where the cars are parked under a big green sign with the letter B. THERE IS NO SIGN THAT THIS IS A HOTEL SHUTTLE STOP, SO DON'T BOTHER TO LOOK FOR ONE. Then, you must risk your life by stepping out onto the road, in back of the parked cars and wave down the Hilton Garden Inn Shuttle bus, or they will pass you by.

WELCOME TO ROME.

Once we figured this out, freezing and waiting for over an hour, we had success. I highly suggest you keep the hotel phone number with you because we did not understand how to use the phone with 'helpful tourist information' located at the airport.

There IS an airport HILTON bus which is not the same as the HILTON GARDEN INN, but since they are in close proximity of each other, and IF they have room they will drop you off at the Hilton Garden Inn. Believe me, everyone is confused.

Now when returning to the airport from the hotel, if you are on United, you must clearly INSIST that they drop you off at the United terminal. If not, you have to take another airport shuttle to get to the United terminal. We almost missed our flight.

• Stayed October 2008, traveled with friends
Escondido, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2009

We live in Naples, Italy and got a great deal to stay at the Hilton Garden Inn, Rome Airport. We wanted to spend the weekend seeing some sights we hadn't visited in the past in Rome.

The hotel is very nice, the inside is clean modern Ikea look. The beds were the softest I have ever had in Italy. We had a junior suite, and the kids (11 & 7) had one room while we had our own bedroom. The room had two bathrooms, both large, bright and spotless. They had a full American Buffet for breakfast everyday that was a great way to start our day.

I can't comment on how adequate the airport shuttle was, but I did see the large airport Hilton bus out in front of the airport almost all the time. The hotel seems to be where the stewards/pilots, and tour groups stay. The hotel is about a 10 minute drive to the airport.

The only inconveniences (and this was minor), was the hot water would take a LONG time to warm up. We figured out that when the hotel is empty (most days for us we had the place to ourselves) they cut back on the hot water. Our last day, a large group was staying and "voila" instant hot water.

If you have your own car, you can drive to the Rome Laurentina Metro stop in about 25 minutes, and take the train into Rome. If Rome sightseeing is your purpose, the only way I would recommend this hotel is if you had a car.

All in all, this is by far the most comfortable hotel I have stayed in Italy!

• Liked — The softest beds in Italy!
  • Disliked — The hot water did take some time to warm up.
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Rome Airport? Share your experiences!