This is THE airport hotel to stay in and you may have to go to all the search engines to find a room for your desired date. It was available for $133 coming and only at $178 departing, but we were happy to pay the price.
The staff was so efficient, warm and accommodating. We arrived early both coming and going and they found us a room at 10:00AM. The restaurant was up and running all hours and a huge breakfast buffet is free. It is such a comfortable place to stay--spacious room to accommodate several open suitcases, the only pillowtop mattress we encountered in Italian hotels, an elegant modern bathroom with plenty of countertop space. WiFi is not only free but available in your room or elsewhere; there is a free printer, gym, microwave room. Adjacent parking is plentiful but not free (20 euros in 2009).
The tricks that get you to the hotel: We arrived by car and plugged the address into the GPS, which worked perfectly, but there are also plenty of signs with the Hilton Garden Inn logo (also Cargo City) which theoretically will get you there, but there are about 15 signs at every juncture, so make sure you don't miss any turn. There are many, many turns to make.
We returned after our trip by the infamous free shuttle bus. Go to the lowest level (Arrivals). Departures also has a street in front of it and it appears to be ground level, but keep going down. Go outside through the doors close to the escaltors going out to a busy airport street. They only said Exit (uschita), not "Terminal B or C." That is on the outside of the building. Once outside, cross the street to the traffic island with the parked cars. We arrived there and could not see a green sign that said "B" --it was dark so maybe it still was there. However, there were lots of people waiting for buses and we asked them if this was right. Also a police woman with superb English was directing buses out of the roadway and into the pickup spot. We did not have to walk in to the street and flag down the bus, but lacking a traffic director and a large group of passengers waiting with you, I would flag down the bus. It is a large white bus with red and blue stripes. From the traffic island you can turn around and see the departures level above you and we saw the bus drop off people there and five minutes later, it arrived at our level. The last bus comes at 10:40 PM--two an hour on the :10 and :40, though that may change over time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The hotel is located on the Leonardo da Vinci Fiumicino airport platform in front of Cargo City. A complimentary Airport Shuttle service is provided from the hotel to/from the airport from 5 AM to 1 AM. The service is operated by a yellow, Orange, Blue & Green Bus with "Easy Parking" Logos on both sides. Please look for "Airport Shuttle" Signs. Free wi-fi Internet access is available throughout the hotel and free 24-hour Business Centre with high speed Internet access and remote printing facilities. All 282 guestrooms at the Hilton Garden Inn Rome Airport have modern decor and soundproofed windows. Each includes a private bathroom with a hairdryer. Self-adjusting Garden Sleep System beds with duvets and ergonomic Mirra chair. In-room safe, individual climate control, reading lamps, two telephones and tea and coffee making facilities. On-site restaurant serving buffet breakfast, lunch and dinner and offering traditional Italian/International cuisine and a Lounge Bar featuring plasma screens and offering cocktails, sandwiches, salads and more. Guests can use the microwave room to prepare ready-to-cook meals sold at Pavilion Pantry shop. The hotel is a 2-minute drive from the A91 Highway for easy connections to the EUR business district. Trains to Fiera Roma and central Rome leave from the airport train station, and the ride takes around 30 minutes. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton EMEA, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Priceline, Despegar.com, Travelocity, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Hilton Garden Inn Rome Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Garden Inn Rome Airport Hotel Fiumicino
- Hilton Garden Inn Fiumicino
- Fiumicino Hilton Garden Inn
- Hilton Fiumicino
- Hilton Garden Inn Rome Airport Fiumicino