“Worst hotel we have stayed in” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Leonardo da Vinci Rome Airport Hotel

Save Saved
You added Leonardo da Vinci Rome Airport Hotel to your Saves list
Leonardo da Vinci Rome Airport Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Via Portuense 2470, 00054 Fiumicino, Italy (Formerly Courtyard Rome Airport)   |
Ranked #15 of 21 Hotels in Fiumicino
Sydney, Australia
“Worst hotel we have stayed in”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Of course this hotel is not a destination.... It's an airport stop over.... But even though, that's not an excuse for what we experienced. Our room, a non smoking room, had cigarette burns all over the furniture and the room smelt "dusty" and smokey. The entire first two floors smell of fried food from their kitchen. Our bathroom bathtub was chipped and falling apart. There was no soap.... We requested it twice.... Never arrived!! They charge you 6 Euro for their 5min airport shuttle. The check in staff are unfriendly and disorganized. We had letter to other guests slid under our room door, were woken up at 6am by staff knocking on the wrong door....... And on it goes. The best thing about the hotel is it's swimming pool but the day we were there, the surrounding grass was almost 5cm high and the grounds had obviously not tended in months. Unless you can get this hotel for under $100 Euro I would stay anywhere else!! A warning.... This hotel has just changed ownership and it appears the new owners are running it down.

Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Adelaide, South Australia, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

This hotel was a welcome surprise. The friendliness of the staff was the first thing that struck me. It was not always the case in Italy. Booking in was quick and painless. The shuttle bus was booked for the next morning. A cost of Eu6 per person which was great. There was actually a kettle in the room but nothing else to help make a cup of coffee. No sachets, milk, sugar etc. Although I must mention that between 8-10am free coffee and tea was provided in the foyer next to the restaurant. The Ristorante Leonardo in the hotel was very good. A nice place to sit with a drink or for a lovely meal. I ordered a meal but when I tried to eat it there was so much salt that all I could taste was brine! I ate around the edges. When the waiter came over to ask if we enjoyed the meal I graciously explained why I hadn't eaten it. He was so nice and offered me anything on the menu in its place. What I ordered was delivered in a very short time with his profuse apologies. You can't for more than that.

The rooms are spacious, clean and the bed was great. The view over the lovely swimming pool was lovely. There is a chemist shop nearby to the hotel which was handy. I would certainly book this again if we had to wait for a flight out of Rome.

Room Tip: We were on the third floor overlooking the pool. I recommend this to anyone.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Cambridge, England.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

Hotel shuttle 0550-2120 from hotel to airport and 0640-2200 from airport. I arrived after shuttle had finished as the flight was late.. 18 euros for a 2km trip.

Rooms tired and shower very poor.

Breakfast was luke warm.

Cant recommend this hotel for any reason.

Welcome back to the 1970s!

Stayed September 2014, traveled on business
Irvine, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I was very unsatisfied with my stay and thought I was ripped off.... My flight was early flight at 7 a.m. and I was unaware that shuttles stop servicing to the airport from the main city after sometime after 9 p.m., so my friends stayed at Rome at Abitart hotel for $60/night while I paid $110/night for this hotel just to find out I had to pay 50 euro to get to the hotel and another 20 euro which is the flat rate for a less than 10 minute drive to the airport since they don't have shuttle before 5:50 a.m....
And on top of that the wifi was not working that day!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled solo
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Basic hotel with nice bedding. Checking takes long time. Shower sprays water all over the sink and floor.
Hotel not near anything expect to walk or cab if you want to visit any attractions.
Maids are noisy.
Need more electrical plugs near bed.
Room slightly larger then most standard European room.
Wifi slow

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
crossflatts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Stayed here for 1 night before a morning flight. Good points:

- Welcoming check-in
- Spacious room
- Comfy bed, pillows and good linen with decent sized towels
- Quiet, so a good night's sleep.

Could be better:
- Some black mould around the bath side (room 225)
- Shuttle bus stops running to the hotel from the airport at 22:00, so no good for late flights
- Shuttle bus is 6 euro/person/way - not cheap.

Unforgivable:
-NO plug for the bath. A water saving device to force you to use the shower? Hopeless when I wanted a soothing bath after a long flight. The little things really do matter.

Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
pune
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

For our family this was a last stop before leaving italy !! And we were keen to have a last fun evening at this hotel !! What came to us was a rude shock.
The hotel can hardly be called a hotel as it is more of just a mere lodging !! Long check in. Unhelpful staff. Musty corridors. No room service. The pool closes at 7 ! If you are not forced to come here don't !!
It ruined our last evening in Italy.

Stayed August 2014

Been to Leonardo da Vinci Rome Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Leonardo da Vinci Rome Airport Hotel

Address: Via Portuense 2470, 00054 Fiumicino, Italy (Formerly Courtyard Rome Airport)
Location: Italy > Lazio > Province of Rome > Fiumicino
Bar / Lounge Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( Wi-Fi ) Restaurant Room Service Shuttle Bus service Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
#8 Luxury Hotel in Fiumicino
Hotel Class:4 star — Leonardo da Vinci Rome Airport Hotel 4*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Tingo, Hotels.com, Agoda, Odigeo, EasyToBook, Otel and Venere so you can book your Leonardo da Vinci Rome Airport Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Courtyard Rome Airport Hotel Fiumicino
Courtyard Hotel Rome Airport
Courtyard Fiumicino
Fiumicino Courtyard
Leonardo Da Vinci Rome Airport Hotel Fiumicino

If you own or manage Leonardo da Vinci Rome Airport Hotel, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.