“EXCELLENT TO STAY CLOSE TO AIRPORT” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Leonardo da Vinci Rome Airport Hotel

Save Saved
You added Leonardo da Vinci Rome Airport Hotel to your Saves list
Leonardo da Vinci Rome Airport Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Via Portuense 2470, 00054 Fiumicino, Italy (Formerly Courtyard Rome Airport)   |
Ranked #15 of 21 Hotels in Fiumicino
Maracaibo, Venezuela
“EXCELLENT TO STAY CLOSE TO AIRPORT”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2014

I have stayed three of four times here, always because of an early flight to take next day. Rooms are good size, A/C good, very good beds, very clean, restrooms are very good equipped too. There are some fish restaurants nearby, because is a port nearby, however the Hotel has a good restaurant and the bar also serves good food. Ice Machine is available and vending machines. Parking is free of charge and also Wifi available in all rooms No charge. I recommend it for overnights and why not? to stay close to Fiumicino and Ostia ports.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
AmapaCY, Direttore generale at Leonardo da Vinci Rome Airport Hotel, responded to this review, June 18, 2014
Dear Guest,

thank you for taking your time to post your nice review on TripAdvisor. We are pleased that for all your stays had an overall positive experience in our Hotel, We have extended all the nice compliments to our Team. Thank you for be our Guest every time you have to take a flight the day after!
Best regards,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Catania, Italy
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2014

Stayed at hotel for airport shuttle ( 6 euro each way charged to room) and early morning flight. Not convient for those looking to stay close to the city. Walking distance to water front. Great seafood places and bars. Public transportation is close to hotel. Took bus to mall and train station that will connect you to anywhere you need to go. Rooms were great clean, plenty of space and outlets. Beds were very comfortable. Nice bar inside and excellent restaurant.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a nice review of your stay in our hotel. We are glad to know that we have satisfy your expectations. We'll extend your compliments with our team. We would like to let you know that from our hotel to Rome City center there is a special shuttle bus that takes all the guest to Marcello's Theatre, which is very close to Coloseum.
We hope to have the opportunity to Welcome you again in our hotel.

Hurst, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

The hotel was perfect for a one night stay. Cost way too much for the shuttle but oh well.
The beds were very comfortable and the hotel was extremely clean. The breakfast which was included in the price was excellent with a bounty of choices.
The attendants at the front desk were extremely helpful.
I would stay there again if waiting to catch a plane the next day.

Room Tip: It is a few minutes from the airport so it will cost a little more to get there from Rome City.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your great review. We are pleased to know you had a nice experience in our hotel. The Team would be glad to know you have appreciated the cleanlliness and the breakfast service and also the extremely helpfulness of the front desk attendant.
We'll be glad to Welcome you again in our hotel.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2014

I Booked into courtyard by marriott, hotel was sold and renamed Leonardo da Vinci some airport hotel before we arrived. Good thing I saw a review that mentioned this or we would have been very confused trying to get to this hotel.
At the airport, finding the shuttle for this hotel was difficult. Making it easy for guests by providing this information upon booking would greatly improve the whole experience.

I think next time I may just book into the airport Hilton instead as you can walk to it and save the shuttle fee of 6 euro per person each way, but I will also say that we went for a pleasant walk along the river to the sea, eating pizza while watching the locals on their passagiata, and that made the whole stay a lovely experience that we are glad not to have missed.

• Stayed May 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for post your review on Tripdavisor. We are glad to know your overall experience was lovely and you have not missed. The hotel location is very nice, since as you prefect explain the hotel is very close to the airport and with just €6 you could take the shuttle and be at the airport after 5/10 minutes. Arond the hotel are many restuarants, supermarket and small shops to buy some souvenirs before departure from Italy.

We hope to have the opportunity to Welcome you again in our hotel.

Spokane, WA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

When I booked this hotel during the planning stages of my trip to Europe, well in advance, I booked a room at the Courtyard by Marriott Rome Airport Hotel. Little did I realize that it would change names and ownership prior to our arrival. I was not given any prior notice of the name change and had a difficult time trying to get any information from the hotel prior to checking in. (I should note that I did not book the hotel through TripAdvisor. If I had, I am sure that things would have been different.) I booked the room close to the airport because I had a very early flight out the next day.
Prior to our checking in, I attempted, on 3 separate occasions by email, to contact the hotel and get directions for their shuttle bus to the hotel. None of my emails were responded to. Finally, I made a phone call to the hotel and spoke with a staff member. This is when I learned of the name change.

For those of you that will be making hotel reservations close to the Rome Airport, there are three different options that you have. (1) You can take the train from Rome Termini to Fiumicini Airport for 14 euro apiece. (2) You can take a taxi from downtown Rome for approximately 48 euro. Or (3) You can catch the Terravision Bus adjacent to Rome Termini (on Via Marsala side) for 6 euro each. We chose #3. The first stop for the bus is the airport. You can take your bags and walk a short distance to Stand #24 to await the Hotel shuttle and pay an additional 6 euro, or you can stay on the bus to the 2nd stop (Fiumicino City) an additional 3 minutes and get off about 2 blocks from the Leonardo da Vinci Rome Airport Hotel. Once you get off the bus, look behind you to your left and you'll see the hotel.
The hotel is very nice. Unfortunately, as we were checking in there was a large convention group doing the same. Once we checked in, we decided to sit around the pool, have a few drinks and a sandwich. I checked with the concierge on taking the shuttle to the airport in the morning, but was advised that the first run was 06:00. Our flight to Paris was at 06:55, so that wouldn't work. Our only option was to schedule a "taxi" for 04:45 for 20 euro; even though the airport was no more than 5 minutes away from the hotel. I put the word "taxi" in quotes because it ended up being a shuttle bus for only the 2 of us. I was informed that the "taxi" was expensive because of the airport fees, etc. Who knows? I was just glad to be heading back home after 3 1/2 weeks. I still wonder what the cost would have been had I personally arranged for a taxi?
One last word about this hotel. I arranged for a 04:00 wake-up call and it never came. Thank goodness I had a couple of other alarms that I had set the night before. When I brought this to the attention of the desk clerk, he looked at his list and never said a word. Not even an apology!

Dear Guest,

Thank you for have taken the time to write your feedback of your stay in our hotel. I apologise if you did not receive any hotel information regarding the name - brand change, since we have contacted all the guests in our list and probably we did not have your details. We are pleased to know that your experience was good and we have already informed our maintenance to check the wake up call system set up .
It'll be a pleasure to us to Welcome you again in our hotel.

Columbia, South Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2014

Spent one night in this hotel due to proximity to the Rome airport. Accidently left phone in room in haste catch early flight out in the morning. Got to airport and realized phone was missing after my wife and I cleared security (thought my wife had it). Got Delta rep to call the hotel immediately to ask them to secure my phone so it could be returned to me (this was approx. 8:45 am and no way room had been cleaned and re-rented that quickly). Surprisingly, hotel staff member told Delta rep that the phone was not found even though I knew exactly where it had been left in the room. Once back home, several follow up calls and emails were met with staff indifference and basically got the run around: "call back another day when manager is here, send us an email with the details and someone will follow up with you," etc. So I finally just gave up and bought a new phone. Unfortunately, many of our honeymoon trip photos and other valuable information was stolen from us along with the phone, which we will never be able to replace.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for have taken the time to post your reviw on Tripadvisor. We are very sorry that you have lost your phone and it was not found in the hotel. We understand your phone will contained Honeymooners pictures and precious information and therefore our colleagues from the front office ask you to send us an e mail with the details of the phone. Since our laundry is outside, and the rooms towels were already changeb at the moment of your call, we were hoping to find your phone in the dirty towels case. Unfortunately it was not found. The hotel as per standard has a lost and found department that takes care about all the guest forgot items and trust me that it works very well. Unfortunately in your experience we were not able to find it.
We'll be glad to have the opportunity to Welcome you in our hotel.

San Dimas, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2014

Previously I shared my thoughts about this hotel and was completely wrong. The staff goes beyond their duties to make sure that the customer comes first. Very close to the airport and has very reasonable shuttle rates. Cab rates are very high. We checked in later in the evening. The front desk was very gracious. The restaurant staff made sure that we were able to take food to our room. Did not take long at all. The Manager Analia, will answer any questions you may have. Our room was very clean and comfortable. I wished I was able to stay longer to enjoy it. I would definitely stay here again!!!

Room Tip: Make sure you use their shuttle service from or to the aiport.
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your nice comment on Tripadvisor. We are glad to know you had a great experience in our hotel, Nice Staff and hotel. Our Staff will be very happy to know it.

We'll be glad to welcome you again in our hotel.

Best Regards,

Been to Leonardo da Vinci Rome Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!