This was a last minute decision to stay at the Hilton at the airport.
You see, we had booked a hotel on Via Nazionale in anticipation of spending a week in Rome on our honeymoon. We arrived at the Termini train station after the train ride from the airport into the city, and tried to find a cab to take us to our hotel. Sadly, we weren't good enough for the cab drivers, who told us to walk the 600 meters to our hotel. I presume they wouldn't take us because it was too close, but after a long flight and with luggage, walking in an unfamiliar city that looks and feels rather 'rough' was not what my new wife and I were looking for.
So we went back to the airport and changed our flight bookings to leave much earlier than we had planned on.
The reason for all of this commentary is so that you know that when I say that the Hilton was an oasis in a desert, you know what I mean. They really helped my new wife and I perserve our honeymoon happiness after a frustrating, tiring, and disappointing day. The employees at the hotel were the first friendly people we met in the country.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton International Fiumicino
- Hilton Fiumicino
- Rome Hilton
- Hilton Rome Airport Hotel Fiumicino
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hilton Rome Airport is directly connected to Leonardo da Vinci Fiumicino Airport via a covered overpass with a moving walkway, just 7 minutes walking ditance. Stylishly appointed and modern in design, this contemporary hotel offers upscale amenities, fine dining and warm hospitality, supported by friendly and professional Hilton Team Members. 35 minutes from downtown Rome by complimentary shuttle bus 8 times a day, free wi-fi Internet access in public areas, swimming pool with Jacuzzi and Fitness Centre featuring the latest generation of cardio and strength training equipment, will help you to feel your best during the stay. 517 stylish and soundproof guest rooms including 108 Executive Rooms and 15 Suites with access to the Executive Lounge (serving complimentary breakfast and refreshments all day). On site Le Colonne Restaurant serving Buffet breakfast, lunch and dinner and Caffe Tevere Bistro with a delicious selection of pizzas, pastas, burgers and creative salads. A Kids Menu is also available, offering chicken nuggets, mini burgers and ice cream. An In-Room Dining menu is located in each guest room and offers a variety of food and beverage items for you to enjoy. Hilton Rome Airport is located 8 miles from the Parco de Medici business district and 6.5 miles from Fiera di Roma Exhibition Centre. Parco Leonardo shopping mall is just one train stop from the Airport station. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hilton EMEA, Venere, Priceline, Tingo, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity and Agoda so you can book your Hilton Rome Airport Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.