I am currently staying at the Airport Hilton, awaiting a call back from the duty manager which was promised to me in 20 minutes (about an hour and a half ago). Checked in for two days last night - admittedly our agent made the booking in two one night transactions ( flight changes) but I don't think you would need to be Einstein to realise that we are the same couple - it appears that the Hilton has trouble joining these dots!.In any event, we confirmed at check in that we were staying in the same room for two nights. Fine ... not:
1. No housekeeping even as late as 11.30 this morning, though we had seen the trolley in the corridor.
2. I attempt to use our keycard around 12.30 to return to the room - not working. Go down to front desk.
3. "Key card stops working at midday on day of checkout". "We have this room for 2 nights."
4. "Oh yes (after checking records), but you'll need to check out and check in again" - after expressly confirming our 2 night stay the previous evening! Of course, this involved reswiping the credit card etc. etc. - by this time, being unwell and tired, I am in tears.
5. Front desk requests housekeeping to the room, supposedly straight away - I go up to our room - of course, no housekeeping. I call down, cancel housekeeping (did not want to cool my heels in the lobby any longer), call front desk and ask to speak to the manager, who is not there but 'will be back in 20 minutes and will call you'.
I am still waiting ...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hilton Rome Airport is directly connected to Leonardo da Vinci Fiumicino Airport via a covered overpass with a moving walkway, just 7 minutes walking ditance. Stylishly appointed and modern in design, this contemporary hotel offers upscale amenities, fine dining and warm hospitality, supported by friendly and professional Hilton Team Members. 35 minutes from downtown Rome by complimentary shuttle bus 8 times a day, free wi-fi Internet access in public areas, swimming pool with Jacuzzi and Fitness Centre featuring the latest generation of cardio and strength training equipment, will help you to feel your best during the stay. 517 stylish and soundproof guest rooms including 108 Executive Rooms and 15 Suites with access to the Executive Lounge (serving complimentary breakfast and refreshments all day). On site Le Colonne Restaurant serving Buffet breakfast, lunch and dinner and Caffe Tevere Bistro with a delicious selection of pizzas, pastas, burgers and creative salads. A Kids Menu is also available, offering chicken nuggets, mini burgers and ice cream. An In-Room Dining menu is located in each guest room and offers a variety of food and beverage items for you to enjoy. Hilton Rome Airport is located 8 miles from the Parco de Medici business district and 6.5 miles from Fiera di Roma Exhibition Centre. Parco Leonardo shopping mall is just one train stop from the Airport station. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton EMEA, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, HotelTravel.com, Cheap Tickets, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your Hilton Rome Airport Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton International Fiumicino
- Hilton Fiumicino
- Rome Hilton
- Hilton Rome Airport Hotel Fiumicino