First of all let me say that I didn’t pick the hotel myself nor did I have to pay for it. This was done by my company for a meeting.
The hotel itself is located near the airport (at walking distance through a passenger’s tunnel). Although I have to say that it is not clearly marked which way you should go. Luckily I got instructions from meeting management how to proceed to the hotel because otherwise it might be difficult. Once you are in the tunnel, the signs start appearing after the third passageway I think. But not before.
Now, for a Hilton, this hotel needs some upkeep outside and refurbishments … Especially in the bathrooms; I had a rusty shower rod, dodgy stains on the toilet seat, etc. Bed was great, good quality of pillows and duvet. TV wise, +90 Channels and nothing on… I mean every kind of News Channel but almost no regular channels that might show a movie or something entertaining.
Free shuttle bus to the city center is very convenient and a nice plus.
Breakfast was fine, good variety and a wide selection of hot and cold dishes and made to order coffee anyway you like it. One night I ordered room service which was bit of a disappointment. Salad was fine (at 16€) but the main course was just a piece of dried out salmon with 4 (!) slices of zucchini at a whopping price of 26€. Adding to this 7€ for a 25cl diet coke and waiting for almost an hour… doesn’t really make this great value for money. The other nights we all had dinner in the restaurant and that was fine but nothing to write home about.
But what all of us attending the meeting found the most disturbing is that in this day and age they still ask 20€ for in-room Wifi for 24hours… They do offer free rather slow Wifi in the reception area which resulted in half of the hotel guests lingering in the lobby al day…
I believe there are better hotels near the airport that probably aren’t that expensive and offer better service.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton International Fiumicino
- Hilton Fiumicino
- Rome Hilton
- Hilton Rome Airport Hotel Fiumicino
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Business-oriented Hotel located 1/2 km from Leonardo Da Vinci, Fiumcino Airport & train station. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hilton EMEA, Booking.com, Priceline, Amex, getaroom.com, Agoda, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Hotels.com, Travelocity and Tingo so you can book your Hilton Rome Airport Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.