Sad, but true. We traversed Italy and this particular Hilton was just about the only business we encountered where great service was given. First off, all the staff did an excellent job of making us feel appreciated. The room was basic, two beds, a bathroom, and a tv. Nothing special, but it was very clean. The courtesy shuttle to the center of Rome was on time every time and the bus itself was a nice, modern, good sized bus. The bus leaves the hotel on even hours, starting at 0800, and returns on odd hours, with the last return trip departing at 2300. The drivers, God bless them, drove through that awful Rome traffic like F1 drivers. If you feel too lazy to walk in the hot sun to the Vatican a taxi ride will cost about €7-€8. The colosseum is a short 10 minute walk from the courtesy bus stop. The Pantheon is also about a <10 minute walk. So most of the major Rome attractions are within very reasonable distances from the courtesy bus stop. My only complaint is that this hotel loves to make runny scrambled eggs. I like them firm and fluffy. So if you want a hotel close to FCO that has reliable free transportation to the center of Rome, this is the place for you.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hilton Rome Airport is directly connected to Leonardo da Vinci Fiumicino Airport via a covered overpass with a moving walkway, just 7 minutes walking ditance. Stylishly appointed and modern in design, this contemporary hotel offers upscale amenities, fine dining and warm hospitality, supported by friendly and professional Hilton Team Members. 35 minutes from downtown Rome by complimentary shuttle bus 8 times a day, free wi-fi Internet access in public areas, swimming pool with Jacuzzi and Fitness Centre featuring the latest generation of cardio and strength training equipment, will help you to feel your best during the stay. 517 stylish and soundproof guest rooms including 108 Executive Rooms and 15 Suites with access to the Executive Lounge (serving complimentary breakfast and refreshments all day). On site Le Colonne Restaurant serving Buffet breakfast, lunch and dinner and Caffe Tevere Bistro with a delicious selection of pizzas, pastas, burgers and creative salads. A Kids Menu is also available, offering chicken nuggets, mini burgers and ice cream. An In-Room Dining menu is located in each guest room and offers a variety of food and beverage items for you to enjoy. Hilton Rome Airport is located 8 miles from the Parco de Medici business district and 6.5 miles from Fiera di Roma Exhibition Centre. Parco Leonardo shopping mall is just one train stop from the Airport station. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hilton EMEA, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Tingo, Priceline, Agoda, BookingOdigeoWL, Venere and Otel so you can book your Hilton Rome Airport Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton International Fiumicino
- Hilton Fiumicino
- Rome Hilton
- Hilton Rome Airport Hotel Fiumicino