If one has an early flight out of Rome there's nothing much else one can do.
As we entered the lobby we couldn't help but notice droves of flight attendants checking in. In fact the place looked like a standard dormitory for crew.
The gal at reception was impersonal. She gave us a room opposite the housekeeping storage where carts kept coming and going, banging into the walls. Next to our entrance door was the ice machine. Clanging here too. We got the impression that it was take it or leave it. Zero hospitality. Since we had to get up early we had no choice. We were unable to go elsewhere at that point.
A bit of telly to relax? Nope. Our set didn't work. Many calls later and a visit down to reception till finally a maintanence guy came up and jiggled some wires behind the set. We got some TV.
Next: we read in the hotel's brochure that there was "a complimentary station for Airline web check-Ins and to print boarding passes". But when my husband inquired about this he was told that the information in the brochure was wrong.That was misleading to say the least.
Finally: no hot water. We phoned and mainenance guy was to come back but then, after running cold water for a good fifteen minutes, finally we got hot.
Nothing pleasant to say about this place. Of course it's 'close'. Why else would anyone stay there?
- Also Known As:
- Hilton International Fiumicino
- Hilton Fiumicino
- Rome Hilton
- Hilton Rome Airport Hotel Fiumicino
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Business-oriented Hotel located 1/2 km from Leonardo Da Vinci, Fiumcino Airport & train station. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hilton EMEA, Priceline, getaroom.com, Amex, Agoda, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Venere and Tingo so you can book your Hilton Rome Airport Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.