“Airport Location is Great, Rooms need Updating” 3 of 5 stars

Summer Sale - Save 30%
Ranked #12 of 22 Hotels in Fiumicino
GreenLeadersGold level
Boston, Massachusetts
“Airport Location is Great, Rooms need Updating”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

I stayed at the Hilton Rome Airport for one night prior to flying back to the States. I was able to check-in very early (8:30am) and my room was already ready. The hotel is directly connected to the airport, however you should be prepared to walk because it's fairly far. Still, I found the location to be the most convenient feature of this hotel. The rooms themselves are partially updated, but the bathrooms really need an update. They also aren't completely sound-proof - I didn't hear the noise from the airport outside, but room-to-room noise. Lastly, I found the prices at the hotel restaurant and for WiFi to be entirely too pricey. Bottom line: if you have an early flight and need the convenience of being close-by, stay here. If not, you can definitely find a better property.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
HiltonRomeAirport, Direttore generale at Hilton Rome Airport Hotel, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Hilton Rome Airport for your last stay. It is a pleasure to know that you had a pleasant stay and enjoyed the convenience of our location as well as the services offered. Just on a side note, free wifi connection is available for our guests in all hotel public areas (Lobby, Bar and Restaurants, Executive Lounge) when using their own devices.
We thank you for being our guest and look forward to welcoming you again very soon.

Andrea Carnevale

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (278)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Mackinaw, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

This hotel is very convenient for Americans who travel for business to Rome and surrounding area. We stayed there for one night upon arrival and for one night as we departed Rome. To our luck, our bags did not arrive to the airport until 12 hours later. So it was nice to be located near the airport. The staff was friendly and very accommodating. They let us check in early since our plane had arrived to Rome at 9am. The hotel had a very good breakfast buffet and was very clean. We enjoyed the complimentary shuttle to the attractions, although, one day it dropped us off at the train station because of the bike race in town.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. I am extremely pleased to read that you had a very positive experience and you enjoyed the accommodation as well as all the facilities and services offered. I hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you again very soon and thank you once again for the being our guest.

Marshall, MIchigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

This hotel is on the airport property - accessed by a lot of passageways and moving sidewalks. You essentially walk by several of the airport's parking structures, then take an elevator down one level to the covered sidewalk. As a solo female traveler, I felt secure, though I did see quite a few homeless people sleeping in the hallways on may to the airport at 4:30 a.m. The hotel itself is expensive and more than adequate. The restaurant and bar are both very pricey, but the food at the bar was good. Staff were very helpful, and I received my wakeup call right on time. If you're looking for convenience, stay here. Atmosphere? Stay elsewhere.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
HiltonRomeAirport, Direttore generale at Hilton Rome Airport Hotel, responded to this review, March 22, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. Overall, I am happy to read that you had a pleasant stay and enjoyed the accommodation and the services provided. I have taken into great consideration your comment regarding the presence in the very early morning of some homeless in the tunnel connecting the Hotel with the Terminals. Rest assured that we constantly monitor the area and co-operate with the Airport authorities (who manage and maintain all airport facilities) and the Airport Police. We have also urged the implementation of additional measures (cameras, more police patrolling in the very early or late hours) in order to guarantee the highest standards of security and feel of safety among our guests.
Thank you for your constructive feedback. We really hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Hilton Rome Airport very soon.

Toronto
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

As others have noted the Hilton is connected to Terminal 3 by a walkway. This was crucial for us when our baggage did not make the connecting flight from London Heathrow. We checked into the Hilton (our room was ready at 11:00 AM) and I went back through security over 3 hours later to retrieve our baggage which fortunately arrived on the next BA flight. If we had left the airport for another hotel there is no guarantee we would have received the bags before going to the Port of Civitavecchia for a cruise.

The Hilton has an elegant design, a friendly and efficient staff, a spacious lobby with WiFi, very quiet and comfortable rooms, a reasonably priced restaurant and a superb breakfast with a great variety of quality foods. There is an ATM, computers with printers and a good fitness centre. Even though some channels on our TV were breaking up I would still give the Hilton 5 stars for its amenties, staff and convenience.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,
Thank you for posting your review on TripAdvisor. I am very happy that you enjoyed your stay and appreciated the convenience of our location, the friendly service of my Team and all other facilities at the Hotel.
Guests’ feedback is very important to us and will help us to maintain the highest of quality and standards our guests expect from the Hilton.
Looking forward to welcoming you to the Hilton Rome Airport very soon.

Pisa, Italy
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013 via mobile

The Hilton chain keeps pricing itself at five-star hotel level, but apart from some locations you will get a four-star hotel. Very much so the Hilton at Fiumicino.

Location
It is formally at Fiumicino airport, but there is a ten minute walk through badly lit and not maintained walk ways. Wich is home to some homeless people.

Rooms
The rooms are old and need a complete redo

Price
I paid 155 euro which was already the negotiated corporate rate

Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to review your experience at the Hilton Rome Airport.
I have noted your comment regarding the tunnel connecting the Hotel with the Terminals. Rest assured that we constantly monitor the area and co-operate with the Airport authorities (who manage and maintain all airport facilities) and the Airport Police. We have also urged the implementation of additional measures (cameras, more police patrolling in the very early or late hours) in order to guarantee the highest standards of security and feel of safety among our guests.

We really hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future.

Toronto, ON
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

My wife and I ended our vacation with a stay here as we had an early flight the next day. It was definitely worthwhile.

They had a free shuttle in/out of downtown Rome that was very convenient. We were able to spend the day in Rome, walking around, enjoying dinner, and were able to leave downtown fairly late (around 10 or 11) so we were able to thoroughly enjoy our last night without worrying about a pricy cab ride to the airport.

The rooms are standard and nothing fancy, but did the job.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
HiltonRomeAirport, Direttore generale at Hilton Rome Airport Hotel, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your views on your stay with us. I am glad that the overall experience has been satisfactory and that you enjoyed the accommodation and all the services provided.

Looking forward to welcoming you back soon.

Colorado Springs, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

Great hotel for arriving or departing airline passengers. Excellent bus service to and from downtown Rome. As we are a bit older and I have a slight walking problem, the Hotel Staff provided a van for transport to our international flight (American Airlines) Thank you so very much.

I had my best meal in Italy on the evening of 27 Feb 2013. I had been looking forward to a good seafood pasta for an entire week. Even though "that" was not on the Dinning Room Menu --when I mentioned it to the waiter-- He said --NO PROBLEM --His chief was able to prepare just about anything. The waiter checked and low and behold I was served an excellent salad and an OUTSTANDING pasta with clams, mussels, prawns, and large chunks of lobster in a marvelous seafood sauce. WOW!!! I couldn't believe it!!! Without a doubt--That was the best meal I had in an entire week in Italy and unfortunatly my last dinner for that trip. I will be back and will stay at this hotel again. The meal at 15 Euro made my day!!! Needless to say, the waiter and the chief were left a generous tip!!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for posting your nice review and complimenting our restaurant staff. I was extremely happy to read your comments and glad that you enjoyed your stay and all the services provided. In particular, I am glad that my Team went the extra mile and did their best to meet your expectations. I will personally praise the restaurant and kitchen staff for the extraordinary service and for making your stay a most enjoyable one.
We look forward to welcoming you back again very soon. Thank you for being our guest!