“Great Location for Rome Airport” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Summer Sale - Save 33%
Ranked #10 of 21 hotels in Fiumicino
UK
“Great Location for Rome Airport”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

We have stayed at this hotel many times when arriving late or departing early at Rome Fiumicino airport. The hotel is the standard Hilton type hotel, good size rooms and nice guest services such as gym and pool. The staff are all very friendly and helpful and this really adds to the appeal of this hotel. Hotel bar and restaurant also very good. Definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
HiltonRomeAirport, Direttore generale at Hilton Rome Airport Hotel, responded to this review, February 10, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review your experience on your stay with us. I am very happy to read that you enjoyed your stay, the comfort our rooms, the bar & restaurant and, moreover, the friendly and helpful service provided by my Team.
We look forward to welcoming you back again very soon.

1,982 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (205)
  • Polish first
Nottingham
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

Checked out today from the Hilton.

First the one good point. The breakfast was first class.

Now to the negatives. I bought a business package which cost 252 Euros per night, the first room I checked into was small and the window was small and dirty, made the room seem like a prison cell! I changed room and although the room was brighter it was still very small, for 252 Euros I didn't even get a free bottle of water!

Also out of 5 nights at the hotel I was woken up 3 times with the housekeeping cleaning rooms at ridiculous hours, the first night the hoover was going at midnight in the next room, as the room has a wooden floor this was echo-ing, the worst one started at 2130 and lasted until 2300, 3 adjacent rooms being cleaned and the cleaning ladies were shouting to each other outside my room despite me having do not disturb on it.

Finally at check out, despite me having a business package including internet the cost was on my bill, surely this should be flagged up when they put my details in!

I am staying in Rome for a further 3 weeks from Monday have booked a different hotel, I won't be coming back here despite it's good location for my work project.

Room Tip: Try elsewhere if you want to sleep
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for sharing your view on your stay with us. Apart from the appreciation for our breakfast at Hilton, I am very sorry to learn about the issues you reported and I do sincerely apologize for the inconvenience these might have caused. I have immediately shared your comments with the Executive Housekeeper to make sure that immediate action is taken to avoid similar situations in the future. I do perfectly understand how disappointing must have been to hear the noise from adjoining rooms while these were serviced.
I am very sorry that the overall perception of your experience with us has not been positive and I would really be happy to regain your trust and welcome you in the truly Hilton style. Please contact me privately and I will be happy to listen to any further reservation requirements you might have and make sure that your next stay will be a most enjoyable one.
Looking forward to hearing from you.
Best regards.

Memphis, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

We had a morning flight home after a cruise and have stayed at many Hilton properties in the USA so we thought this place would be ideal - even though the nighty rate was quite high. Check-in worked fine and we checked our bags with the bell-hop to be picked up the next morning. We were unable to find any outlets that would work for our US-type appliances. This surprised us as we felt a large portion of the clientele would be US citizens heading home. When we asked at the front desk about an adapter, they told us they would sell us one. Even a small hotel in the port city of Civitavecchia had a US-style outlet for shavers and loaned us an adapter for my wife's curling iron.
We did not sleep well as the room was too warm even though we turned the thermostat way down. When asked at checkout how we slept, I mentioned the warm room. I received a shrug from the desk clerk.
This is one hotel I will never return to. There are other choices and I will take advantage of them in the future.

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for being our guest and posting your review on TripAdvisor.
I am very sorry to hear that the issue with the adapter spoiled the overall impression about your experience with us.
We do have some used adapters which are available for guests and I am very sorry that when you asked for one, only those on sale were available. I also apologize if the room temperature was too warm and did not allow a comfortable sleep.
We do value the patronage of our guests and really hope we will have another opportunity to regain your trust on a future occasion.
Thank you for your valuable feedback.

Houston, TX
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

Well, it was 2 1/2 years ago that I stayed here, an dI wouild have thought the disappointment would have eased.

The good: If you have an overnight with an early flight this hotel is ideal. You can walk to your gate, and there are frequently luggage trolleys around to help you haul your stuff with you.

We took advantage of the shuttle bus to town. This was great! It drops you off right where all the hop on/hop off busses tour. We had a relaxing afternoon sightseeing and did not have to pay the inflated train rate into town from the airport.

The bad: I guess they were training a new girl, but service was absolutely horrible. I was unable to find my passport and the desk staff refused to allow me to check in without it. Unfortunately, I was made to sit in the lobby for 3 hours going through my bags over and over, with everyone checking into the hotel admiring my underwear. It was humiliating. Eventually, the night supervisor relented and allowed us to check in, long after the Executive lounge had closed. As an aside, I had left my passport at the airport upon arrival and I was able to retrieve it from the Carabinieri in the morning.

The room was fine and quiet.

Back to the executive lounge, this lounge did not live up to Hilton standards during my stay. Selection was just ok, and service was lacking.

Overall I can not award more than 2 green dots as this hotel made me feel like crap. As a diamon member, I expect better from the Hilton Brand. Were I to return I would stay in town.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
HiltonRomeAirport, Direttore generale at Hilton Rome Airport Hotel, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting your review on TripAdvisor. Constructive guests’ feedback is always very much appreciated since it will surely help us to improve our services in the future.
While I am happy you enjoyed some aspects of your stay (convenience of location, courtesy shuttle service) I am very sorry that your overall impression has not been totally positive, partially influenced by the issue at check in. I do understand that the situation must have been very unpleasant and, although receptionists require guests’ passport details to notify the Police (as per Italian Law) I wished my Team could have assisted better on this occasion.
I do apologize once again for the inconvenience this might have caused and really hope we will have another opportunity to serve you better in the future.
Best regards.

Hong Kong
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

A fair walk but certainly doable from arrivals level. Nice clean rooms, all the amenities and a good restaurant. Great breakfast and excellent staff.
The only real down side, apart from the fact that its 150E per night, is that the internet charge is exorbitant. Ended up being near 30E per 24hours.
Everything else is very good and we did get a free lift to the departure level the next day which helped with all our bags! That was great!

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on your stay with us. I am glad that the overall experience has been satisfactory and that you enjoyed the room, the restaurant, our breakfast and the services delivered by my Team. As to the internet charge, as from 1stFebruary, free wi-fi internet connection is available for our guests in the hotel public areas (Lobby, restaurants and Executive Lounge).
We hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back again very soon.

JAPAN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

We checked in here the day before our return flight. Arrived by bus from the city and the hotel was within walking distance to the terminal. The lobby was spacious and we were instantly greeted by the front desk staff. It felt quite welcoming, quite different what we experienced at other high ranked properties in town. Check in was painless, received an upgrade to the Club floor. Spacious room, after the downtown experience this felt like a mansion. Windows cannot be opened, my only complaint, since I really like fresh air for sleeping and I am not at all bothered by aircraft noise. The large windows gave us a nice view. The lounge was great with a nice selection of soft drinks, snacks and cakes. In the evening there was a much larger food selection including salads and beer and wine were available. We enjoyed the free Internet. Our rate included breakfast and that was one the best we ever had at a hotel. The hotel offers a free shuttle bus service to the city and departures are quite frequent with the last bus returning to the hotel at around 11 p.m. If we ever return to Rome, we will make this hotel our base. It is truly fantastic. You will not find a friendlier, more responsive staff than at the Rome Airport Hilton.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting such a positive and rewarding review.
I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us and that you appreciated your accommodation at the Executive Floor, the quality and variety of food at the Executive Lounge, our breakfast@hilton and the courtesy shuttle to the city center. I am also very happy to hear that my Team delivered the high level of customer service you expected.
Glad to know that we will be the hotel of your choice on your next visit, and look forward to welcoming you back again very soon.
Thank you for being our guest.

Fairhope, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

Not a spec of dust; everything was clean and shiny.

The staff was extremely helpful and could arrange almost anything including Euro exchange up to $200 USD a day.

Best feature since I was mixing Business and Adventure was the hourly bus leaving the Hotel and dropping off at Roma Centro. The bus starts at 8:00 am and makes last pick up at 11:00 pm. takes about 35 minutes each way. It was great.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay, the service delivered by my Team and the convenience of our courtesy shuttle to the City center.
We hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back again very soon.

Andrea Carnevale

Been to Hilton Rome Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!