“A Big Disappointment” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 21 hotels in Fiumicino
Memphis, Tennessee
“A Big Disappointment”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

We had a morning flight home after a cruise and have stayed at many Hilton properties in the USA so we thought this place would be ideal - even though the nighty rate was quite high. Check-in worked fine and we checked our bags with the bell-hop to be picked up the next morning. We were unable to find any outlets that would work for our US-type appliances. This surprised us as we felt a large portion of the clientele would be US citizens heading home. When we asked at the front desk about an adapter, they told us they would sell us one. Even a small hotel in the port city of Civitavecchia had a US-style outlet for shavers and loaned us an adapter for my wife's curling iron.
We did not sleep well as the room was too warm even though we turned the thermostat way down. When asked at checkout how we slept, I mentioned the warm room. I received a shrug from the desk clerk.
This is one hotel I will never return to. There are other choices and I will take advantage of them in the future.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
HiltonRomeAirport, Direttore generale at Hilton Rome Airport Hotel, responded to this review, February 10, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for being our guest and posting your review on TripAdvisor.
I am very sorry to hear that the issue with the adapter spoiled the overall impression about your experience with us.
We do have some used adapters which are available for guests and I am very sorry that when you asked for one, only those on sale were available. I also apologize if the room temperature was too warm and did not allow a comfortable sleep.
We do value the patronage of our guests and really hope we will have another opportunity to regain your trust on a future occasion.
Thank you for your valuable feedback.

1,985 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (205)
  • Polish first
Houston, TX
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

Well, it was 2 1/2 years ago that I stayed here, an dI wouild have thought the disappointment would have eased.

The good: If you have an overnight with an early flight this hotel is ideal. You can walk to your gate, and there are frequently luggage trolleys around to help you haul your stuff with you.

We took advantage of the shuttle bus to town. This was great! It drops you off right where all the hop on/hop off busses tour. We had a relaxing afternoon sightseeing and did not have to pay the inflated train rate into town from the airport.

The bad: I guess they were training a new girl, but service was absolutely horrible. I was unable to find my passport and the desk staff refused to allow me to check in without it. Unfortunately, I was made to sit in the lobby for 3 hours going through my bags over and over, with everyone checking into the hotel admiring my underwear. It was humiliating. Eventually, the night supervisor relented and allowed us to check in, long after the Executive lounge had closed. As an aside, I had left my passport at the airport upon arrival and I was able to retrieve it from the Carabinieri in the morning.

The room was fine and quiet.

Back to the executive lounge, this lounge did not live up to Hilton standards during my stay. Selection was just ok, and service was lacking.

Overall I can not award more than 2 green dots as this hotel made me feel like crap. As a diamon member, I expect better from the Hilton Brand. Were I to return I would stay in town.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
HiltonRomeAirport, Direttore generale at Hilton Rome Airport Hotel, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting your review on TripAdvisor. Constructive guests’ feedback is always very much appreciated since it will surely help us to improve our services in the future.
While I am happy you enjoyed some aspects of your stay (convenience of location, courtesy shuttle service) I am very sorry that your overall impression has not been totally positive, partially influenced by the issue at check in. I do understand that the situation must have been very unpleasant and, although receptionists require guests’ passport details to notify the Police (as per Italian Law) I wished my Team could have assisted better on this occasion.
I do apologize once again for the inconvenience this might have caused and really hope we will have another opportunity to serve you better in the future.
Best regards.

Hong Kong
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

A fair walk but certainly doable from arrivals level. Nice clean rooms, all the amenities and a good restaurant. Great breakfast and excellent staff.
The only real down side, apart from the fact that its 150E per night, is that the internet charge is exorbitant. Ended up being near 30E per 24hours.
Everything else is very good and we did get a free lift to the departure level the next day which helped with all our bags! That was great!

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on your stay with us. I am glad that the overall experience has been satisfactory and that you enjoyed the room, the restaurant, our breakfast and the services delivered by my Team. As to the internet charge, as from 1stFebruary, free wi-fi internet connection is available for our guests in the hotel public areas (Lobby, restaurants and Executive Lounge).
We hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back again very soon.

JAPAN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

We checked in here the day before our return flight. Arrived by bus from the city and the hotel was within walking distance to the terminal. The lobby was spacious and we were instantly greeted by the front desk staff. It felt quite welcoming, quite different what we experienced at other high ranked properties in town. Check in was painless, received an upgrade to the Club floor. Spacious room, after the downtown experience this felt like a mansion. Windows cannot be opened, my only complaint, since I really like fresh air for sleeping and I am not at all bothered by aircraft noise. The large windows gave us a nice view. The lounge was great with a nice selection of soft drinks, snacks and cakes. In the evening there was a much larger food selection including salads and beer and wine were available. We enjoyed the free Internet. Our rate included breakfast and that was one the best we ever had at a hotel. The hotel offers a free shuttle bus service to the city and departures are quite frequent with the last bus returning to the hotel at around 11 p.m. If we ever return to Rome, we will make this hotel our base. It is truly fantastic. You will not find a friendlier, more responsive staff than at the Rome Airport Hilton.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting such a positive and rewarding review.
I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us and that you appreciated your accommodation at the Executive Floor, the quality and variety of food at the Executive Lounge, our breakfast@hilton and the courtesy shuttle to the city center. I am also very happy to hear that my Team delivered the high level of customer service you expected.
Glad to know that we will be the hotel of your choice on your next visit, and look forward to welcoming you back again very soon.
Thank you for being our guest.

Fairhope, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

Not a spec of dust; everything was clean and shiny.

The staff was extremely helpful and could arrange almost anything including Euro exchange up to $200 USD a day.

Best feature since I was mixing Business and Adventure was the hourly bus leaving the Hotel and dropping off at Roma Centro. The bus starts at 8:00 am and makes last pick up at 11:00 pm. takes about 35 minutes each way. It was great.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay, the service delivered by my Team and the convenience of our courtesy shuttle to the City center.
We hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back again very soon.

Limerick, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

Booked this because we had to visit a close relative in Rome and my father (82) didnt want to travel too far from the airport. This worked out really well. Staff very helpful. Hotel clean and quiet.
Will stay there again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

I appreciate the time taken to post your feedback and am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and the service delivered by my Team.
We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

my wife and I had the pleasure of staying at the Hilton Rome Airport Hotel on two occasions recently, and we were not disappointed. We booked rooms on the Executive Floor which affords access to the Executive Lounge where you can get snacks and/or drinks during the day and in the evening which is a major plus after a long overnight flight from the US.

The rooms are comfortable and clean as well as very quiet in spite of the proximity to FCO. The walk to and from FCO is quite a distance but it is on the elevated walkways for most of the way. I would highly recommend this hotel for both business in leisure travelers who need accommodations close to FCO. Also, the buffet breakfast is excellent with many food options.

Room Tip: If you can afford the upgrade, book a room with access to the Execitive Lounge.