Well, it was 2 1/2 years ago that I stayed here, an dI wouild have thought the disappointment would have eased.
The good: If you have an overnight with an early flight this hotel is ideal. You can walk to your gate, and there are frequently luggage trolleys around to help you haul your stuff with you.
We took advantage of the shuttle bus to town. This was great! It drops you off right where all the hop on/hop off busses tour. We had a relaxing afternoon sightseeing and did not have to pay the inflated train rate into town from the airport.
The bad: I guess they were training a new girl, but service was absolutely horrible. I was unable to find my passport and the desk staff refused to allow me to check in without it. Unfortunately, I was made to sit in the lobby for 3 hours going through my bags over and over, with everyone checking into the hotel admiring my underwear. It was humiliating. Eventually, the night supervisor relented and allowed us to check in, long after the Executive lounge had closed. As an aside, I had left my passport at the airport upon arrival and I was able to retrieve it from the Carabinieri in the morning.
The room was fine and quiet.
Back to the executive lounge, this lounge did not live up to Hilton standards during my stay. Selection was just ok, and service was lacking.
Overall I can not award more than 2 green dots as this hotel made me feel like crap. As a diamon member, I expect better from the Hilton Brand. Were I to return I would stay in town.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hilton Rome Airport is directly connected to Leonardo da Vinci Fiumicino Airport via a covered overpass with a moving walkway, just 7 minutes walking ditance. Stylishly appointed and modern in design, this contemporary hotel offers upscale amenities, fine dining and warm hospitality, supported by friendly and professional Hilton Team Members. 35 minutes from downtown Rome by complimentary shuttle bus 8 times a day, free wi-fi Internet access in public areas, swimming pool with Jacuzzi and Fitness Centre featuring the latest generation of cardio and strength training equipment, will help you to feel your best during the stay. 517 stylish and soundproof guest rooms including 108 Executive Rooms and 15 Suites with access to the Executive Lounge (serving complimentary breakfast and refreshments all day). On site Le Colonne Restaurant serving Buffet breakfast, lunch and dinner and Caffe Tevere Bistro with a delicious selection of pizzas, pastas, burgers and creative salads. A Kids Menu is also available, offering chicken nuggets, mini burgers and ice cream. An In-Room Dining menu is located in each guest room and offers a variety of food and beverage items for you to enjoy. Hilton Rome Airport is located 8 miles from the Parco de Medici business district and 6.5 miles from Fiera di Roma Exhibition Centre. Parco Leonardo shopping mall is just one train stop from the Airport station. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hilton EMEA, HotelTravel.com, Priceline, Odigeo, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Hilton Rome Airport Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton International Fiumicino
- Hilton Fiumicino
- Rome Hilton
- Hilton Rome Airport Hotel Fiumicino