“Slow service” 2 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Boston, MA
“Slow service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2009

I recently spent a night in Rome on my way home from Malta. I had previously spent 3 days in Rome this past August, so I know what good food and good service is in Rome. This restaurant is in the Fiumicino district, and was one of the only restaurants open in late October. I went there only because it was the only open restaurant the desk clerk at my hotel could recommend. When I first arrived, they were closed because they were in the middle of a party but there were no signs advising customers of this. I returned at 7pm, as they advised. Their menu is VERY limited as all they have is one type of pasta- the only difference is the kind of sauce it comes with. My order was taken promptly and I did not have to wait too long for the food, but I had to wait over 40 minutes just to get the check. I asked for the check THREE times before I received it and, for the first time in my life, left a restaurant without leaving a tip. The first time I asked for the check, the waiter nodded and then went to make himself dinner and proceeded to eat it and drink wine in the dining area while leaving me waiting. I admit that I am American and have certain standards when it comes to Customer Service, but I spent 10 days in Italy earlier this year and never experienced service this poor anywhere in Rome, Venice or Florence. The only good thing about this restaurant was that the bottled water was free.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere