“Very enjoyable evening” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Kildare
“Very enjoyable evening”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

I visited Harte's yesterday evening with a friend of mine for an early dinner @ around 6.30.
We didn't pre-book so we were glad to be offered a table straight away. I must say I was here before and I thought it was a bit expensive but I did not have this issue last night. we both went for the early bird menu which was 3 courses @ 19.95 pp. Very reasonable we thought and there were four options for each course so we were impressed with that.
I cannot fault the food my friend felt the haddock could have done with more batter but I felt it was perfect the way it was. The atmosphere was very relaxed a sort of smart casual vibe. Floor staff were very attentive but not overbearing. Having been to the sister restaurant in Kill " The Dew Drop Inn" I was not surprised by another fantastic dinner. As we were leaving it was really filling up so I think the next time I visit I will definitely pre-book just to be on the safer side.
All in all very nice, very reasonable and my top choice for Kildare Town.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

“You have to try this restaurant .”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013 via mobile

Well we have been there for our second time running and their steak is to die for. It appears on a stone red hot where you can cook it as to how you desire it, so you can enjoy it to its utmost. Cooking a steak on a stone is a flavour you have never tasted before unless you have expierenced it previously of course! All I can say is I would recommend this place ultimately please try it .

• 5 of 5 stars Food
“Worth every cent, best meal out in a long time”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013 via mobile

We had the most enjoyable meal in hartes Wednesday evening to celebrate a late mothers day! Well done to all staff, truly delicious.

Belfast, United Kingdom
“A delightful detour”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

A trip to Cork demanded lunch, and so we turned off the main rod to the delightful and historic town of Kildare. Hartes is situated right on the market square, and we received a warm welcome.The premises combine historic charm with modern ambience and the effect is pleasing. Our soups were fresh and home-made, and a smoked trout, crab and creme fraiche open sandwich was light, distinctive and very tasty. Hartes is clearly an establishment that understands good food and how to present and serve it. The wine list was small, but good, and we selected a NZ Sauvignon Blanc which was reasonably priced.The restaurant was busy for a weekday, a sure sign that they are doing something right. We certainly thought so!. We hope to return.

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Just keeps getting better.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013 via mobile

Once again I have to give credit to this place..... Was in last night with family & friends for a special occasion & thanks to the food & staff (Chris for his singing happy birthday) we were all satisfied beyond reason. This place is a local gem & long may it last. Well done guys keep up the good work & we will see you soon.