“Good honest pub grub” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 1 Restaurants in Milford
Cuisines: Bar
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: The Traveller's Inn, bar and restaurant is located in the small town of Milford, northwest Donegal, a gateway to some of Donegal's top tourist attractions. Enjoy a pint in traditional surroundings or sample 'The Very Best of Good Food' in the restaurant. With live music every weekend and a warm welcome waiting make sure The Traveller's Inn is a stop on your journey.
Belfast, United Kingdom
“Good honest pub grub”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

Real food in a real pub. Try the roast and you wont be disappointed.....no bad points....staff are very friendly and its child friendly too

Visited July 2013

Motherwell, United Kingdom
“Lovely good and welcoming atmosphere!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

Had a lovely few meals with family. Made to feel
Very welcome as were my 6 & 8 year old nephews who
Just loved the football special cheesecake! Can't wait to go back

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Dublin, Ireland
“Great food and value.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I toured Donegal in May 2013 and had seen The Travellers Inn advertised in tourist book.

The advertisment stated how they were famous for their mussels, scallops and chowder, as well as stating that sea food is their speciality.

My wife loves that stuff so we made sure to visit for a meal but after arriving we found that none of that was on the menu.

We were quiet disappointed by this and thought of leaving but being hungry we decided to stay and we were very glad we did.

The food that was on the menu was excellent and the portions were very generous, nearly having two portions for the price of one.

The fresh fish of the day was cooked to perfection.

It seems the menu varies from day to day so it would be worth ringing ahead to confirm what is on the menu that day.

We would certainly go back again and would recommend it.

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Letterkenny, Ireland
“very good meal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

just had a meal with 5 family members in the travellers inn.We all had the soup to start which was very good and then we had the fish which was excellent the manager and staff were very friendly.We all enjoyed our meal and we would recommend this place to all our friends and the portions of food was very large and could not eat it all and very well priced we will be going back very soon it's the best food around by far

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Dublin, Ireland
“Good food in Milford”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

Must admit not sure what to expect before I went to the Travellers Inn - it was recommended as a great place to eat though so I was willing to give it a try. Had the scallops for starters - they were very tasty and well cooked; for main course I had the warm chicken salad - it was delicious, though it could be doing with less mayonnaise which I felt took away from it. For dessert I had the Football Special Cheesecake - cheesecake it certainly was, football special I'm not sure! but what the eck it was delicious anyways!! My friends had equally yummy dishes.. Both Michael, the owner and the chef (whose name I can't remember) were very friendly and helpful. Overall excellent food and good value for money.
PS when leaving we got to see the outdoor seating area at the back - one of the best outdoor seating areas I have seen in a long time!!

• Visited December 2012