We stayed here for just a week in August 2013. Lovely hotel. The staff couldn't be friendlier or more helpful, the rooms spotlessly clean, although basic. The hotel is in a good position, far enough from the shops etc to be quiet but not too far when walking out to the beach or for meals and drinks in the evening.
The resort itself is very quiet and therefore not very suitable for teenagers or for families with older children. We ate in a different restaurant each night of our stay and had a fantastic meal every night. We would highly recommend Nefeli (you need to try their version of Klefiko) and the Tulip restaurant which is located in a side street. We also ate in the family-run Meze restaurant on the sea front which was lovely. We visited the Cockney Café which had a wide variety or English dishes with enormous portions but really prefer to eat local cuisine when we holiday.
The drinks in the bars in Polichrono are not cheap. You are looking at around 6 euros for a spirit and mixer. However we feel that food is good value for money.
On our last evening we took a short cab ride into Hanioti. More choice of places to drink here with livelier bars and a bit more holiday atmosphere.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Feel like your home... and more!In a beautiful village of Chalkidiki in Polychrono, the peninsula of Kassandra, awaits a modern complex three-star hotel to offer a very relaxing and beautiful moments. The Hotel Royal - Apartments combines natural beauty, located between green hills and close to the turquoise waters of the Gulf Toroneos, with all the amenities a traveler wishes for a memorable vacation. If you wish to swim in the crystal clear turquoise sea of the region, the distance to the beach is not more than 3 minutes. If you want to stroll or shop, the village center is just 2 minutes from the hotel. The Hotel Royal - Apartments is the ideal destination for family vacations and promises to provide you with everything you have in your home and ... much more! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Royal Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Apartments Royal
- The Kostas Hotel Polichrono
- Kostas Hotel Polichrono
- Royal Hotel Polichrono, Greece - Halkidiki