Myself and my family 2 x kids 8,4, went here May 2011 for a week, first impressions were very good, just walking off the bus on arrival we were greeted by Maria and Kostas and the son helped with our bags to the apartment. On arrival at the apartment it was very clean, spacious for Greece and had a very good bathroom with a proper shower and a cubicle, very rare in Greece, good sized balcony and as already mentioned in previous reviews quite close to other balcony's, but it was nice to get to speak to other people. On looking around the apartment everything you needed was here, cutlery, kettle etc only a two ring cooker but expected that so no problems. The pool area was good, plenty of sun-beds although maybe a bit tight around the pool edge itself and the depth of the pool would be an issue for preschool or non swimming children as it was slightly deep and no real shallow end, although saying that who does not keep an eye on their children when they are in the pool, with a rubber ring or arm bands they would be fine. The pool bar was nice, snacks served all day and a full bar at reasonable prices. If i had to say anything was missing it is a play area ie swings, slides etc although there is a giant chess set a play area would be better. There are safety deposit boxes 10euros for a week, reasonable i thought and you just have to ask at the bar for access. The walk to the town is about 5 mins if that, as it is just across the main road, but when i say main road it is not that busy, even when the lights were red there was only about 2 to 3 cars stopped.
Polichrono itself was very quiet and the restaurants were practically empty so no issues getting a table, good variety of places to eat all good to be honest, ate somewhere different every night and did not have a bad meal. The AYPA restaurant was good and my wife enjoyed the Moussaka there and the Kleftiko was just as nice, and we had some sweet feta cheese with vanilla and cherries for dessert, on the house i might add and it was gorgeous. The Cockney cafe was great for breakfast also a place right opposite the beach, do not remember the name but it had a huge melon sign above it and the simple breakfast was lovely, and even better was if you ate there you could use the sun-beds on the beach opposite for free. ( There is a photo of this place). The beach itself is narrow and pebbly at the waters edge, sun-beds are free if you use the restaurants opposite.
Mavrobara is a little pond full of terrapins and koi carp, but it is a bit of a walk from the apartments, Leah the rep has a map but again i have a photo of this and my family are pointing at the entrance so take note....as you can walk straight passed it ...as we did!!
All in all a great holiday, good clean apartments close to the town, will hopefully be returning.
The bakery on the main road to the beach, on the corner is well worth a visit or two!!
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Apartments Royal
- The Kostas Hotel Polichrono
- Kostas Hotel Polichrono
- Royal Hotel Polichrono, Greece - Halkidiki
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Feel like your home... and more!In a beautiful village of Chalkidiki in Polychrono, the peninsula of Kassandra, awaits a modern complex three-star hotel to offer a very relaxing and beautiful moments. The Hotel Royal - Apartments combines natural beauty, located between green hills and close to the turquoise waters of the Gulf Toroneos, with all the amenities a traveler wishes for a memorable vacation. If you wish to swim in the crystal clear turquoise sea of the region, the distance to the beach is not more than 3 minutes. If you want to stroll or shop, the village center is just 2 minutes from the hotel. The Hotel Royal - Apartments is the ideal destination for family vacations and promises to provide you with everything you have in your home and ... much more! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Tingo, Travelocity and Hotels.com so you can book your Royal Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.