“You can stay for a while...” 3 of 5 stars

Saint George Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   36 Egnatias Street, Asprovalta 57021, Greece   |
Ranked #3 of 3 hotels in Asprovalta
Athens
“You can stay for a while...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2011

We spent a night there, dividing our road trip to a further destination in two, and we were given a larger room than the one we requested (for the same price). There was no noise and we had a good night sleep, after a walk by the beach wich is quite near the hotel.
Our two main "problems" were the poor breakfast and the lack of a parking lot.
We would mainly recommend it for low budget travellers or people looking for a place to spend a night or two!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple

8 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Business
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2011 via mobile

This is not best western hotel i am sure, in the room was a guest informator that was probably copy pasted from best western because that everything that was stated was not there or avaliable or working. You decide what type of hotel it is where the phone in the room is not working and when i asked to be changed or repaired they lied to me that is changed and it was the same phone still not working. Also i wanted to buy a bottle of water and there was not avaliable. You coudn't buy a drink in a summer. Also there was not parking place offered from the hotel even that i asked tham for that because it was stated as extra option. Also i have the chance to choose between smoking and no smoking room and they gave to me the oposite.... So... You decide...

• Stayed July 2011

Travelers are raving about these Asprovalta hotels

ATHENS GREECE
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2009

I have book there for two nights with my wife and children (7 years). The room was small and dirty. The bathroom was very old and exremly small. We sta there only one night and we left. This Hotel is less than 2 stars and in any case is not a Best western. Unfortunately in this area there are no other Hotels but only rooms for rent.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
Greece
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2009

it is not a 4 star hotel, hardly a 2 star. The room was not clean. We staied there for 7 nights and they changed the bed linen once! There was no wireless internet, no internet at all! There was not a private place for parking.

Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
Thessaloniki
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2007

I've just returned from a short trip to Asprovalta. My mate had arranged to stay at the best hotel in the area. Surprisingly, I see that it is a Best Western Hotel. Well, I wonder if the enterprise knows...After stayed there for a night, I decided to write my first review. I always visit tripadvisor and really take into consideration the positive reviews. I usually think that those writing discouraging reviews are maybe 'demanding'. Well, this hotel changed my opinion.

When i visit a place, I know what to expect. If I've arranged to stay in a cheap village pansion I don't expect them to speak 'French'. So, this time I was about to stay in a Best Western Hotel.

The receptionist of the best hotel of Asprovalta was also the one to show me to my room. As he opened the door mould smell hit my..nose. I entered. The room stunk. I soon experienced the noisy vent in the bathroom that was switched on with the light, even if you didn't want it (I guess combing may also cause unpleasant gases). The bathroom didn't not have a working door. The door was there, but the pull system was not installed. The bed was also terrible. Lighting and air-flow in the room were very poor. I won't comment on the furniture, because it was poor but as expected since we talk about Asprovalta. There was a TV and airconditioning that were working, altough TV antenna was probably not enough, because tv channels were noisy. The hotel also has wireless internet installed, but it doesn't work. The price of the room included buffet breakfast served from 7.30 - 10.30. At 9.50 there was nothing left on the buffet, which was not a problem. Not replacing it though, was one. I had my breakfast somewhere else. Finally, I need to comment on the 'owner's' behavior. After being in my room for a couple of hours, and while I was getting ready to go out, sm knocked on my door. I wasn't expecting anyone, so I ignored it. They insisted, though. When I opened the door, I saw a rather wet guy, with curly longish hair, asking me if he and the handyman (a young man that was standing a bit further) could enter to measure the door so they can make the rolling system. I let them in, of course; in shock, of course. I think they should have called me before, and inquire when they can do that, or at least inform me that they will come for their job in 10 minutes. Anyway, the wet guy was the 'boss'.

It is true that I haven't stayed in less that 4star hotels for a long time. However, as I've said, I don't have unrealistic expectations. I paid 65euros for a basement no-sun, no-air room. This I don't mind, because it was a last-minute reservation during the highest season of the year. I don't mind the not working door. I don't mind the poor antenna. I don't mind that the internet was not working. I do mind the mould smell, I do mind that I paid for a breakfast that wasn't there, and I do mind that they visited unexpectedly. Actually, I find this an unacceptable behavior, especially since one of the visitors was the boss (he should know better). If I ever go again? I hope I won't have to. I just don't know if the hotel chain knows these things.

[--] (but don't believe all about the amenities, my room had no coffee-maker, no internet, no hairdryer, and no balcony).

• Liked — The location, central and easy (no sea, though)
  • Disliked — Everything else
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Saint George Hotel? Share your experiences!