My stay at the Chateau de la Barre was remarkable because of the hospitality and warmth of the welcome I was made to feel by my hosts. Visiting the Loire valley is a great experience - lots of wonderful things to do and see. But staying in a real Chateau is something very special. My room was beautifully appointed, right down to fresh flowers and real linen bedsheets (monogrammed with the family's crest and hand ironed - I asked!). The dinner in the great salon was a culinary delight, served on finest porcelain, candlelight, family silver... And listening to Count de Vanssay tell about the history, not only of the Chateau but of the entire region, was fascinating. If you are looking for authenticity and warm hospitality - there is simply no better place!
- Also Known As:
- Chateau De La Barre Hotel Conflans-Sur-Anille
- Chateau De La Barre Hotel
- Chateau De La Barre France/Conflans-Sur-Anille
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In the same family since more than 610 years,Chateau de la Barre is more than a luxury accommodation, it is an experience of the gracious hospitality of French aristocracy. All the rooms are replete with precious XVIIIth century antiques and designer fabrics. Twice a week, a prestigeous dinner is hosted in the XVIIth century dining room, on other nights, it is possible to have a romantic supper in the dining room. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Tingo, Escapio, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Chateau de la Barre reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.