“The best thing is the food” 4 of 5 stars

4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   135 Chaussee de Bruxelles, La Hulpe 1310, Belgium   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in La Hulpe
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Toronto, Canada
“The best thing is the food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

Hotel is clearly designed for conferences. Rooms are adequate but my TV was fixed on a wall at right angles to the bed and I could not pivot it. So watching the TV from bed was a joke.

Major meeting room is adequate but very low ceiling and long and narrow.

Food was excellent. Good selection and high quality. Bed was comfortable but pillows very soft.

Printing facilities were fine for public documents. You could send an email with your document attached to the front desk and it would be printed and available within a few minutes. Fine for printing a boarding pass but not for something confidential. Staff were friendly and helpful

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
erik j, General Manager at Dolce la Hulpe Brussels, responded to this review, January 27, 2013
Dear JimS48,
many thanks for your constructive feedback and the great positive comments about our food and facilities. i am glad that you have enjoyed your overall stay and experience and we will review your critique to further enhance our infrastucture and services to all our guests. i truly hope to be able welcoming you back again in the near future.
warm regards,
erik jansen
general manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Portsmouth, New Hampshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

Hotel was great. Had all the amenities that I needed for work and would have been a wonderful place for pleasure as well. Food was fantastic, had breakfast and dinner the hotel. Also Room service was very good. For work the WiFi was fast, made me feel like I was back at the office. Bed was very comfortable and room had large windows to let the natural light in. Very European style with Contemporary design. I believe it used to be an office building, so the layout is very different and spread out. It can be a real hike from some of the rooms just to get to the lobby. The staff was more than helpful. English was not a problem and they were great with recommendations of the local area and Brussels. Really feel like you are being pampered by everyone you come in contact with. It was cold and rainy/snow while I was there, however the grounds look wonderful from what I could see. Very remote feel and you really feel like you are away from the hustle and bustle of Brussels. However, it is only a 15 taxi ride to the center de Bruxelles. Would really have like to have more time to explore the area.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
erik j, General Manager at Dolce la Hulpe Brussels, responded to this review, December 16, 2012
Dear Boyd S, Many thanks for your great compliments. It is a true pleasure to read that we have exceeded your expectations. Please ensure that next time you visit us again you have some spare time to visit our Spa Cinq Mondes and sample a meal in our newest addition the "Brasserie 135" only open since december 4th. Happy Holidays to you and your loved ones. Warm regards,
Area Managing Director
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012 via mobile

Stayed at La Hulpe for an overnight. Hotel is typical conference hotel - located in the middle of no where. Ideal for seminars, otherwise to be avoided (unless you like being out in the woods but without solitude due to large groups).

The restaurant is very solid in every respect - congrats.

Major complaint though - I arrived at 9am coming from Asia. I asked them if my room is ready and they confirmed. However they then informed me that I have to pay an extra EUR 50 for early check in. This would be ok with me had I pre booked this, however, I have never encountered this practice when the room was ready anyway... When you pay EUR 220 per night I expect better treatment. I asked them multiple times to have the manager review my logic but upon checkout I was indeed charged the EUR 50 extra. Happily I walked out looking forward to my next night stay at Hotel Amigo in Brussels city - a fine and superb boutique hotel where clients still come first (review to follow).

One final quirk at La Hulpe - they must be afraid of people steeling their irons... (maybe to start a business to recover from the early check in fees?). See attached picture - the iron is attached and secured to the board. Strangest thing I have seen.

• Stayed November 2012
Dear Strabo2012, Many thanks for your comments and feedback after your recent stay at our hotel. I am pleased that in general you enjoyed your stay with us but am disappointed that you feel that one should avoid our hotel besides being here on conference business. Our hotel and restarants are extremly popular with locals and individual travellers visiting us during weekends, public holidays and school vacations; enjoying our complimentary pool, sauna and hamman as well as experiencing our world-class Spa Cinq Mondes. due to our levels of occupany we indeed cannot guarantee ealry arrivas to the rooms prior to the estbalished check-in time; a common practise used at hotels around the world. I hope that your travels to Brussels may bring you back to Dolce La Hulpe Brussels again in the near future. Wishing you and your loved ones a very happy Festive Season.
Warm regards,
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

Hotels are not usually the best place to be when you're ill...but this was an exception. A very comfortable bed, great pillows, peace and quiet all helped ensure a good night. Room service was also prompt and friendly. The only down side is that the hotel is spread out, so some rooms can be quite far from reception.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dear SimplyAmsterdam, I am very sorry to read you were il during your recent stay at Dolce La Hulpe Brussels but at the same time am pleased to see that you found it not a bad place to be "stuck in bed" whilst recuparating. hoepfully your future travles will bring you back to our hotel agian soon and at which time i hope you will enjoy our facilities such as the Spa Cinq Mondes and our new restaurant "Brasserie 136". Wishing you and your loved ones a very happy festive season and a healthy (!!) new year.
Best regards,
Erik Jansen.
General Mananger.
Provins, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

Spa, pool, fitness and design room,and hotel in the middle forest. and mn drivins to brussels center. very good stay and expérience.
Just breakfast are too expensive (22€). diner is realy good for 36€ per person.
nice fitness room.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
erik j, General Manager at Dolce la Hulpe Brussels, responded to this review, November 23, 2012
Dear Jomel77,
Many thanks for your kind remarks, positve comments and constructive freedback. I am glad that you have enjoyed your recent stay and I hope that you will have the opportunuty to return soon, during which time you could consider indulging in our unique Spa Cinq Mondes or sample a meal in our new restaurant "Brasserie 135", opening on Tueday December 4th.
warm reagrds,
General manager
Brussels, Belgium
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

My partner was in this hotel before for a conference at work and liked the quiet invironment in the middle of the woods. It seemed like the ideal getaway during renovationworks, so we booked here for one night.
We arrived here at 6PM in the dark woods. When entering the lobby it smelled quite fusty and it was too bright too make it look welcoming. The receptionist was quite friendly. But when we asked to reserve a table in the hotel's restaurant she said we had to go there ourselves to arrange it.
Ok no problem...so we went to the restaurant. There we were told in a very arrogant way that they were full... so there we were, in the middle of the woods, but no possibility to eat in.
Already not amused we went to our room, which had the same fusty smell as the lobby, a toillet with no privacy and only cold light (saving lamps and leds) to make it bright. When we opened the window we didn't hear the silence of the surrounding woods, but the AC installation.
For us, who live a 20 minute drive from the hotel that was enough to make us want to go back home.
When checking-out 20 minutes later than when we checked-in, we got the question if we had a pleasant stay...when we mentioned we just arrived and that we were not very satisfied with previous mentioned things the only response is ...ow yes, but we are fully booked, so those things happen...or in other words..we couldn't care less.
So yes, this hotel lies in a nice area, has a lot of ammenities (if not full) and the rooms were clean. But customer service seems not to be a goal...or maybe it was just bad luck ?

Room Tip: There are no restaurants on walking distance, so maybe book a table in the restaurant when you book...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Tjolman,
Many thanks for your feedback and comments. I wish to apologize for the breakdown in communication among my team and for not having met your expectations, which have indeed been "bad luck" as you describe it already. We always aim to meet the highest levels of service and hospitalty and I am disappointed that we did not achieve this during your recent stay. I have personally adressed the issues with our recpetion and restuarant management and they assure me that corective action has been put in place. I truly hope that you will return soon to Dolce La Hulpe Brussels and than be able to enjoy our facilites, inlcuding our Spa Cinq Mondes as well as our soon-to-open new restaurant Brasserie 135 (as from december 4th).
Warm regards,
Mexico City, Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

If you do not have to be in Brussels, this is your best alternative near Brussels, the airport, plenty of restaurants, and railway connexions. This hotel has one of the best free intenet connexions I have experienced. Being surrounded by a forest, the hotel is very quiet.

Room Tip: If you want space, indulge yourself in one of the Conference Suites.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
erik j, General Manager at Dolce la Hulpe Brussels, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
Dear JAXINMEXICO, many thanks for your kind comment and compliments. We are indeed "the ideal" location for business meetings and leisure escapes. I can highly recommend that next time you visit our hotel, you also endulge yourself at our Spa Cinq Mondes for a relaxing message. warm regards and looking foreward welcoming you back agian very soon.
Erik Jansen

Been to Dolce la Hulpe Brussels? Share your experiences!