“Good sushi spot” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Kai Cafe & Sushi Nosara

Kai Cafe & Sushi Nosara
In front of Minisuper Delicias del Mundo, at Living Hotel | Playa Guiones, Nosara, Nosara, Costa Rica
Website
Dining options: Dinner
beautiful upstate ny
“Good sushi spot”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2014

Great menu and good quality food. We were a little weary at first, but it turned out to be good. A little expensive but it was nice to change things up.

Visited April 2014

Gatineau, Canada
“Good meal, little pricey but freshly made!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

We went one evening and walked right though it not knowing it was THE restaurant... it definitely needs more atmosphere. It's only outdoors (average patio furniture), and has little lighting at night.

However, we are very glad we found it. The two cooks/servers spoke little English but made excellent, fresh sushi. It is worth the extra couple of dollars to add something different to your vacation-diet while in Costa Rica. We had three types of delicious rolls and an appetizer (forget which) plus some wine and a beer.. i think it came up to $60 US

Anyways, we would return!

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Boston, MA
“Great sushi, wish it were cheaper.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

Living in Nosara now, after moving from the U.S., I was very excited to come across a place that has sushi because I eat it all the time back home. I wasn't excited however when I saw the price of the rolls. At 9-10 bucks a roll I ended up just getting one because I didn't feel like spending almost 20 bucks on two sushi rolls. This of course didnt fill me up at all. I have to say it was delicious, and I wish I could go back again soon but unfortunately I don't have the money to be getting 20-30 dollars worth of sushi. I do recommend going here if you have the money to spend because the sushi was very good.

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Tasty rolls, nice eating area and great staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013 via mobile

The menu only has one selection for sashimi and one selection for nigiri, and a lot of rolls.

The nigiri we ordered tasted great but the rice was not packed properly, fell apart and was a bit too warm.

The rolls on the other hand were formed properly and held up. We got a crunchy roll and a citrus roll. My wife loved both rolls and the crunchy roll was my favorite.

2 rolls
2 orders of nigiri
2 drinks, coconut and a fruit water
$40

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Toronto, Canada
“Amazing sushi and healthy smoothies!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

I loved the sushi and the smoothies at Kai Cafe & Sushi and went there for lunch every day of my stay at Living Hotel. Conveniently located by the pool in the Living Hotel garden it provides a healthy and yummy alternative to the other restaurants in Nosara in beautiful surroundings.

I have to admit that I wondered about eating (and preparing) sushi in the heat and the sushi chefs looked almost too young to know much about sushi but I was positively convinced and surprised by the quality and elegance of the dishes they created. I especially loved the rolls with roasted ginger. They also took care about special allergy requirements. The smoothies were delicious with creative combinations of fruits and veggies. In addition they would make them to order if you had special cravings. They also offer coffee and wine. The staff is also very friendly! I am definitely going back next time I am in Nosara!

• Visited April 2013