“Amazing experience” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Agua Tibia Surf School

Agua Tibia Surf School
50 Meters East and 50 Meters South From the Beach Dog Cafe, Nosara 50206, Costa Rica
+506 2682 5508
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 44 Activities in Nosara
Type: Classes/Workshops, Classes
More attraction details
Owner description: We are a group of local surf instructors who are offering quality experiences through surf lessons and different activities around Nosara. Our main focus is safety, nature, people and most of all FUN and SURFING! PURA VIDA!
Toronto, Canada
“Amazing experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

Great surfing school. My girlfriend and I took a lesson from Oscar and he was excellent. Great instruction, kept things simple and was very patient. Got us both up surfing in the first lesson. Very friendly team too. We also rented boards and rash guards from them for the rest of the week while we were there - very convenient since they are right beside the beach.

Portland, Oregon
“Best surf school in Nosara”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

The guys at Agua Tibia are the best! I grew up on the Atlantic coast and have always loved the ocean. But I'm not a natural surfer, and the teachers here are relaxed but focused, super skilled, and wonderful people on top of it all. Even when the water was kicking my butt, I always felt motivated to go back for more lessons and more practice. Pura vida!

Jersey City, NJ
9 attraction reviews
“Best Surf Instructors!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

All the instructors at Agua Tibia are super knowledgable and know how to share their skills with their students. My husband and I both had Oscar, and some others in our group had Adrian. Regardless, everyone was looking like a pro by the time they had a few lesson's with this crew.

Surf board rentals can also be done here, which we also did. Competitive pricing with the local surf shops makes this place a clear choice.

Plus, Agua Tibia has great access to the beach! Only a short walk away.

And there is a wonderful bathing suit boutique upstairs.

Definitely check this place out on your visit to Nosara.

4 attraction reviews
“Great team work here!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013 via mobile

Pura Vida. Awesome introduction to surfing. One on one instruction. Close to the beach (and Beach Dog Café). This cool team of guys is helping to replant the native trees along the beach. I love their spirit. There is no hype or commercialism about them. Just awesome surfing!

Brooklyn, New York
“new school, great instruction by locals”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

I had a rough 48hrs of surfing on my own and needed a little help. My timing was off and I just wanted help reading waves and getting myself in the right position. Adrian was great (not to mention easy on the eyes;). I loved the way he described the waves to me on the beach by sculpting them with the sand. That little touch really helped me to read them on the water. He had me catching waves at the peak. It was the first time I barely had to paddle to get into a wave. I've seen guys do it but never did it myself. Now I get it, the timing, moving yourself into the best position....really valuable instruction. These guys grew up surfing this break, it's their home. They know everything there is to know about these waves. Very happy with my experience and caught several waves during my lesson.

Visited January 2013