“Beautiful, Relaxing...Perfect!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 20 Hotels in Nosara
Boston, Massachusetts
“Beautiful, Relaxing...Perfect!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

This is the 2nd time I stayed at the Harmony Hotel...going back to Costa Rica so I could experience the Harmony Hotel again. The hotel grounds are amazing, filled with stunning flora and wildlife. You feel like you are in the middle of the rain forest with an outdoor dining room which serves organic, unbelievable food. There is a lunch/coffee bar which, again, serves some of the best food I've ever had. Proceed through another pathway through the trees to the spa/yoga studio. I took a few classes which were great and had a banana bliss service which was also great! The pool is very relaxing and there is a short path to a gorgeous beach. The staff are so kind and extremely helpful. They arranged for us to to zipline at Miss Sky (the best!) and surf nearby (awesome!). We also took a yoga class in the treetops (dream-like). I highly recommend the Harmony! I went with friends, but it is a perfect spot for couples and even families.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
Kingwood, TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012

My family and I have been to Nodara a few times now and this visit was by far the best ever thanks largely to the exceptional stay at Harmony. The place is clean and welcoming, the gardens are perfection! The staff felt like family (truly kind people) and the food...OMG..so good! We love their pool and 2 minute walk to the beach! This place is nothing short of perfection! PERFECT for families and couples alike.

Room Tip: They have options for feeling alone (in a cute Bungalow) or part of the main hotel, but we chose to...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Laguna Beach, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

This hotel is charming in a way that organically "fits" with the area in which it is located. It is refined while not being pretentious. The service is impeccable but not stuffy. A great deal of attention was paid to design a hotel that provides simple luxury. The staff is excellent and attentive. If you dine in the restaurant, I highly recommend the chicken casado (which I ate more than once for dinner).

The hotel is ideally located -- minutes to the beach and also the town.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Comox, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2012

loved our room with private enclosed deck with outdoor shower and hammocks.Very close to the beach. A little too yoga for us. Restaurant was just ok. a little too expensive for the package. loved the pool. it's nice to have shade in the pool

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Glendale, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

The Harmony Hotel was our second out of three hotels that we stayed at while in Costa Rica. But it was by far our favorite. Driving into this town you would never guess the oasis that awaits you. We were greeted by Fredericko who couldn't have been nicer or more accommodating. The grounds here are immaculate including our room. We stayed in room 26 and I do recommend this lodging. It stands alone and has no shared wall. It's almost like having your own house. The outdoor shower was amazing. It is very private and it sits on its own deck. We never used the indoor shower once. Plus, you will love the hotel soaps and want to purchase some on your way out. This is also where we had our best meal on our vacation. The hotel even has it's own garden where they grow some of the vegetable for the restaurant. The hotel is safe, clean, and toilet paper friendly. The only one in Nosara. This is the perfect hotel whether you wish to book adventures for the day or decompress by the pool with its serenity. The beach is also uncrowded and picturesque. For all you serious surfers, the breaks are fast and consistent. We definitely could have stayed here longer.

Room Tip: Room 26 stands alone with no shared walls.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

Great location. Gorgeous room complete with private outdoor area. Staff in the restaurant, fab juice bar, desk and wellness center could not be better. Rooms beautiful. Restful and quiet.
It is a nearly all round great, however after much thought I add the following: I traveled for a friends wedding. I booked online via the hotel site and cross checked via phone complete with the dates, 6 nights, along with the wedding booking party number (which attached to the dates). I was told a Cocos room was not available for the entire time and was encouraged to take a bungalow, I decided to splurge. Still the dates were not available. I asked for recommendation for a nearby hotel due to the wedding and was recommended another of their associated hotels.. a flight away.. oh well. It did sound lovely though! Shortly thereafter I was advised a bungalow was available for the dates I needed. Great! What I did not pick up was that the reservation person ( I prefer to not disclose names) had changed my dates by 2 months, same date but 2 months earlier - full disclosure I confirmed and signed the form, they took debited me the full as per their policy. Long story short, it ended up costing me nearly twice over albeit with an initial 10% discount offered and in tandem with a stay four nights pay for 3 special the hotel was offering. During our daily email communication over the issue the hotel kept pointing out (the responses via email - not via phone - were timely and always polite) that I had confirmed and signed the form - all true. However it was only after I made clear that the initial error had been with them and that I did have a wedding booking number so some attention to detail would have avoided the reservation persons error, they they upped the discount by another 5 %. Of course the discount was nice but having paid twice over and not being the source of the error I would have hoped for something more. To be fair they held the correct dates which were at that stage only available for only part of the time while we went backwards and forwards trying to work out a solution. I ended up staying 2 nights in another hotel.
For a hotel which claims on it service the initial error and also not making any contact after not appearing for the incorrect dates it is somehow a problem although they were within their oft quoted legal rights.
On arrival the said reservation person happened to be a the check in desk. Instead of being welcoming and perhaps apologizing for their error they quickly disappeared. The person who managed my check in was however was terrific, cooling drink, warm towel and welcoming. I did not hear from management at all during my stay. A follow up would have been appreciated.
I want to say I would stay again because otherwise it was great but I am cautious given the reservations issue.
So my advice is be careful with all their communications.
If I could split the service rating I would give a 5 to the other staff. Manfred was very good to the wedding party. 3 is my average. My value rating is based on not as if I did not pay twice over.
Ending on a good note the staff outside of reservations were wonderful, the food great, lovely rooms, hotel grounds and great location.

Room Tip: I read the warnings bout noise in the Cocos rooms. i had room number 8 which was away from the Karao...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Cayuga S, Manager at Harmony Hotel Nosara, responded to this review, August 3, 2012
Dear
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments about your stay on Tripadvisor. First of all, we are very pleased to hear that you really enjoyed your experience at our hotel. We are especially happy to hear that you enjoyed the food, liked the rooms and were able to interact with our staff. Once again our apologies about the miscommunication that happened between us during the reservations process. There was definitely some shared responsibility. You are right, a bit more communication on our side with you during your stay would have helped. Our management will improve on this point. We thank you that you did not let the initial reservation problem negatively affect your Nosara Experience. We will be more careful on cross checking reservations with special events going on at the hotel. Hopefully you have a chance to come back to Harmony in the near future. We would love to have you back with us.
All the best,
Washington, DC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012

I was eager to get away from the city and spend some quality time on a beach. I found this lovely hotel online and it turned out to be the perfect getaway!

When you arrive they greet you with one of their delicious herbal teas. There are lots to chose from, so eventually I tried them all. The bamboo straws are absolutely adorable and fun to drink from. When you are done with them, they recycle them and use them for mulch.

The rooms are all beautiful. The beds are comfortable and clean. The bath products are made from natural fruits from Costa Rica and smell great. The coconut oil makes for a really great tanning lotion! I ended up buying some and bringing it home with me. My room had a patio with a hammock and outdoor shower. This was very convenient since the beach was only a short walk away. It also had free wifi and unlimited international phone calls!

The hotel has a daily schedule of yoga, pilates, and other fitness classes. I took a fantastic pilates class, and then followed it with a 90 minute massage. It was absolute bliss. There is also a juice bar on the property where you can get fresh carrot, apple, ginger juices.

There was a bit of rain during my stay, although it was mostly at night. Even still, it is best to go when the rainy season is over because the road that leads to Nosara is unpaved for at least 60 kilometers.. This makes it difficult to get in by taxi, unless you have a 4 wheel drive. I flew in to San Jose, but the trip to the hotel was at least 5 hours. After speaking with the locals, I discovered it would be easier to fly into Liberia, or even Nosara, to cut down on travel time.

The town is cute and small and caters to surf, yoga and pilates enthusiasts. I took a surf lesson while I was there and now am hooked! I am now plotting my next trip back!!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Cayuga S, Manager at Harmony Hotel Nosara, responded to this review, July 31, 2012
Dear Polinita,
Greetings from Nosara. We were thrilled to read your TripAdvisor review about our Harmony Hotel and that we were able to provide you “Just what you needed”. Thanks for your great review that will be a great help for future guests to understand what Harmony is about. You will be happy to learn that last week Nosara was chosen as one of the best 20 Surf Towns in the world by National Geographic Adventure. So now, that you are hooked on surfing, even more reason to come back. In terms of travel logistics, yes, it is best to fly to Liberia and then arrange for a rental car or shuttle service to take you to the Harmony. The other option is to take a short domestic Nature Air flight from San Jose and we can meet you at the Nosara Airstrip. Thanks again and we hope you come back soon for another beach – surfing – yoga – relax- visit to the Harmony. All the best,

Been to Harmony Hotel Nosara? Share your experiences!