The Harmony Hotel and Nosara area are the perfect expressions of Costa Rica – beautiful environment, exciting activities, ecologically conscious and educational and happy, thoughtful, warm, professional people.
Studies have shown that Costa Rican s are the happiest people on earth. And this seemed true of the people we met at the Harmony Hotel. I suspect it has something to do with their attitude toward helping other people. I was completely charmed and inspired by how Costa Ricans respond to the words “thank you.” Instead of saying “it’s nothing” or “you are welcome,” they say: “con mucho gusto” / “with much pleasure.” The expression “con much gusto” describes service at the Harmony Hotel. Everyone does everything with such pleasure and grace that one gets the feeling of being in a utopia.
This attitude – getting genuine pleasure from life and helping other people -- is contagious when staying at the Harmony Hotel and something I am trying very hard to hold onto now that I am back home.
Other notes on the Harmony Hotel:
- The rooms are simple, but the service and hotel grounds make the stay seem luxurious
- The grounds and pool at the hotel are fantastic
- A charming path takes you to Playa Guiones for great surf for all abilities.
- Lots of wildlife to observe
- Fantastic lobby and game patio
- Our whole family felt extremely cared for during our stay. The Hotel has thought of many small details – like cool tonics and smoothies offered upon arrival
- Sustainability programs are educational and enjoyable and not at all preachy
- The restaurant and healing center café are amazing. Great food for adults and children alike.
- Same for drinks, smoothies and cocktails are made with amazing ingredients and love
- Great gift shop
- Great. Great. Great.