“Fun adventure!” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #12 of 29 Tours & Activities in Nosara
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Owner description: We take travelers on adventures in TOMCARS (an amazing vehicle that is capable of going anywhere and back). Forget 4-wheelers, dirt bikes, dune buggies, or any of those types of off-road vehicles. The TOMCAR blows them all away. No matter how difficult the terrain, this vehicle handles it with comfort and ease leaving you feeling safe and secure while you drive through the most amazing and beautiful hidden natural treasures of Costa Rica. Anyone from your 6 year old to your great grandma will enjoy the ride. We can customize the adventure just for you. From surf to nature, sunrise to sunset, we will take you through the heavy jungle, the most amazing rivers, streams, mountains and waterfalls you can ever imagine. We guarantee a good time!
“Fun adventure!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

Howling Monkey Adventures was a great experience. The waterfall, snack packs and cars were amazing! I would've liked to see more animals and sights for the price, but overall, it was a relatively memorable experience!

San Diego, California
“Awesome!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

Hands down, the highlight adventure of our stay in Costa Rica. Driving up and down the hills and mountains, through rivers, towns, etc, my 2 boys (5 and 9) my husband and I are still raving about our day with Howling Monkey (the boys never want to go on slow river boat tours again after doing this). My husband LOVED driving the TOMCAR, and the guides were fantastic- especially when we had to pass an SUV that was stuck in a ravine that we couldn't drive past- they were quick to bring out their shovels (!?) and BUILD A NEW path around the stuck (and abandoned) car! the kids were in awe that we were practically driving on our side (and thank you to our guide for actually navigating us through that one)!
The stop at the waterfall was beautiful too, and everyone enjoyed the hike to get there and jumping in.
Thank you Reid and your awesome staff for such a fun day!- you don't want to miss this trip if you are in Nosara.

Phoenix, Arizona
“Howlin Good time”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

The TOMCARS are a blast to drive. We saw jungle you could never seen without a Tomcar and a tour guide. Beautiful views, waterfalls and guides were terrific. I really liked this. Give it a thumbs up.

Newburgh, New York
3 attraction reviews
“Don't miss this!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

I don't think there is much to say about this other than awesome! The owner was a great guy and his guides were very knowledgable. If you don't think you can handle this, the TOMCAR was smoother than our SUV. We drove at 40 kph over the roads and we felt like we were in a Caddy. Our SUV never made it over 30 kph without bouncing us around. My 6 year old got to drive, however I guess this is rare as our group was only my family. We got stuck a couple times but Luis had us out of the mud in less than 5 minutes.
We drove through mud, rivers, off embankments,up and down mountains. The views were nothing short of amazing and we stopped at a waterfall for about 45 minutes and got to do some cannon balls off the rocks. Everyone but my 6 year old loved the monkey pouch(dried fruit) that we were given, and the fresh coconut milk was very refreshing
I can't say enough good things about this, what a day!

On the downside, if you don't like nature, want a bathroom, or don't like getting dirty, maybe you should sit this one out....it is of course your loss.

Visited August 2013
“Absolutely awesome!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013 via mobile

This was by far the most incredible tour I've ever been on in Costa Rica! We had a great time at the waterfalls and saw so much beautiful wildlife. I highly recommend them. You won't regret it!

Visited August 2013