“surf lessons” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Nosara Tico Surf School

Nosara Tico Surf School
Next to Century 21, on the main road to Guiones Beach., Nosara 50206, Costa Rica
+506 2682 4076
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #3 of 44 Activities in Nosara
Type: Surf Camps, Adventure
More attraction details
Owner description: We are Nosara Tico Surf School, a local surf school (owned 100% by Ticos) located in Playa Guiones, Nosara. Our friendly and enthusiastic staff is always there to help out, and with the guidance of our certified instructors, you will have the best surfing experience ever. We offer group, semi-private, and private surf lessons. We also offer customized surf package, and arrange surf trips to local surf spots of the northern and southern Pacific Coast. Our goal is to guide and instruct our clients into the waves step by step, give feedbacks and tips, get the most out of our surf lessons.
New York City, New York
“surf lessons”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

We can surf!!!!!!!!! My 2 daughters (age 12 and 15) and I had taken surfing lessons with Esteban at Nosara Tico Surf and off we went riding at high tide those delicious waves. You can't beat this surf school. Esteban and the other instuctors are excellent teaching you how to surf and being safe in the process. It's a win win situation!!!!! They are also so nice in the process. We're coming back!!!!!!

Visited July 2012

San Jose, Costa Rica
4 attraction reviews
“Surf school in Guiones / Nosara”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2012

My kids (14 and 10 year old) as well as my wife have been taking lessons with Stevan and the team at Nosara Tico Surf..... these guys are great!!! we have had the best time at the beach, the swell was at its prime for their ability. Guiones has a medium swell ideal for beginners
and intermediates.
The School was accommodating and it made the whole Nosara Vacation even more pleasurable. My kids faces were priceless.... my wife has handled frustration much much better than I would trying to stand on that little surf board....! highly recommend Tico Surf for surfing lessons. Give it a try.

Visited June 2012
Atlanta, Georgia
“You'll be surfing like a Tica in no time”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012

All 3 of my daughters, ages 5 to 14, were standing on the board and surfing so quickly! Their Instructor, Esteban was great and they had so much fun learning. We got their lessons on the first day, the rest of the week the girls were comfortable enough to pop in, pick up the boards and head to the beach like locals!

Visited June 2012
Aspen, Colorado
8 attraction reviews
“Great learning experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2012

As a beginning surfer, it really helped to have the sand talks that preceeded our in-water work. Attention to safety and warm-up was an important part of the lesson experience. Plus they just made it fun. I worked with two different teachers, both of whom were attentive, patient, and articulate about body position and wave dynamics. There was no apparent concern for the clock, it seemed like they would have worked with me all day. In my first session, a minor board collision tested their first aid skills, but it was easy to come back for more.

Visited May 2012
Chicago, Illinois, United States
“best surf teachers anywhere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2012

I've taken surf lessons a few times before in California and elsewhere in Costa Rica, and these guys are the absolute best. No one has ever sat me down and talked about the details that go into a successful surf session the way Esteban did. He doesn't just teach you how to stand up and turn. He tells you everything you need to know about safety, choosing the right conditions, and reading the waves--everything you need to know to start a lifetime of surfing on your own. All the guys at their shop are talented, friendly, speak great english, and are just plain fun to be around. They also work really hard to set you up for success by picking the right spot, right conditions, right board, and telling you exactly what you need to know to take it to the next level.

I can't wait to go back to Nosara for my next surf lesson!

Visited April 2012