“Great N.Y. Strip Steak” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Marlin Bill's

Marlin Bill's
Next to Coconut Harry's Surf Shop | Diagonally across from Cafe de Paris, Nosara, Costa Rica
2682 0458
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #22 of 50 Restaurants in Nosara
Cuisines: Seafood, Contemporary, Family Fare, Continental
Good for: Scenic view, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: In business since 1994, Marlin Bill's offers guests of our open-air dining room panoramic views of Guiones, the ocean, and Costa Rica's world-famous sunsets, along with mouth-watering options from our eclectic menu of choice steaks, chops, fresh seafood, family fare, and dreamy desserts. Daily food and drink specials, and our ability to cater to large parties, make Marlin Bill's beloved by both visitors and locals.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Great N.Y. Strip Steak”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2011

The first time I went to Marlin Bill's was back in about 1998 or 99 when it was still in its previous location. My now ex-wife and I went for dinner on the last night of a week long vacation in Nosara. After nothing but seafood and Tico seafood for a week I was jonesing for an American style piece of meat. I didn't think the steak on the menu would be that good but decided to give it a try any way. I'm glad I did because it was perfectly cooked and delicious. I thought about the steak for many years afterwards.

Two years ago I was back in Nosara with my girlfriend and another friend. I kept telling them about the steak I had had years before at Marlin Bill's so we decided to go earlier in our stay. I figured I had build up this steak in my mind over the years and there was no way it would live up to the brag I had created for it. I am happy to say it did! So much so that we went back again.

Last year (March '11) we went again. The steak was still great, though maybe just a little smaller than I remembered, and we went again twice. The second time with my Costa Rican friends who normally wouldn't be able to afford such a meal but I wanted to treat them for their hospitality. Everybody's meal was great and the service was friendly and terrific-great job Angie!

If in Nosara I recommend giving Marlin Bill's a try. Go early in your stay because you may want to go back.

• Visited March 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
MarlinBills, Public Relations Manager at Marlin Bill's, responded to this review, August 11, 2011
Thanks so much for the kind words, John! At Marlin Bill's, we pride ourselves on our steaks, so it's great to hear that we lived up to your expectations- and your memories! We'll look forward to seeing you the next time you're in Nosara! Pura vida!